41) Asked Out

"Let's play 21 questions." I suggested, and he happily agreed.

"I'm going first." He said quickly. "What's your favourite colour?"

"Pink. Nothing is better than pink." I replied seriously. "Siblings?"

"Older brother who is in Brisbane at University and younger sister." He said.

"You have a little sister?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yep. She's 4." He smiled. "My go. Who's your favourite brother?"

"I don't have one." I replied simply.

"Liar. Try again." He grinned, making me frown.

"Jaxon." I grumbled.

"Who?" He smirked.

"Jaxon." I said slightly clearer.

"Cool. Your go." He shrugged.

"Mountains or beaches?" I asked.

"Mountains. Because that means I can snowboard. How about you?"

"Mountains as well. I don't really like sand or salty water, and I love to ski." I replied with ease.

"We should go and have a competition one time! I would so beat you." He got excited.

"Nope, no way! I would definitely win." I protested.

"Sure, sure. We'll see about that." He grinned.

We kept the game going until we had both asked 21 questions, and I learnt a lot about him. Turns out he loves to read, and is doing the inky challenge as well, even though he's doing fitness as his extra. He also only got into footy because his older brother was really good at it, but he didn't really like it to begin with. His brother promised if he stuck with it long enough he would enjoy it, which worked, but he still prefers karate.

"Okay. I have one last question." He smiled.

"Shoot." I said, eating the last bit of my cookie.

"Will you go out with me?" He smiled.

My brain froze.

Jono Wilson. The most popular kid in my year. Just asked me out.

Before I could even think things through, I blurted out a response. "Yes." Uh oh. His whole face lit up and he grabbed out his phone. I spaced out, and it took me a while to realise he was waving his phone in his phone in my face for his number.

I grabbed the phone and typed my number and put my name with hearts after it.

"Message me now so that I have your number." I said, then realised, "My phone is at home though."

"Why's it at home?"

"Uh. I-uh." I stuttered out, trying to think of an excuse.

"You what?" He asked, his expression turning into one of those stupid smirks again.

"Jaxon hid it this morning. And I can't find it." I sighed, not being able to come up with something.

He burst out laughing, and actually fell off his chair.

"Oh-my-god!" He breathed, trying to catch his breath. "But, why didn't you just call it?"

"I...don't know." I said, realising how smart that was. I didn't even think to do that.

"Right. Well, you probably want to go to class since you're some perfect student, so..." He smiled.

In all the embarrassment and laughter I didn't even notice the bell had gone. Oops.

We went our separate ways, the promise of a date coming soon, and I arrived in English. I took a seat next to Mila, like usual, and the questions started immediately.

"Where were you? Were you with Jono? Oh my god, were you with him? Oh no. Are you dating? Please don't tell me you're..." I cut her off.

"I was at a table with Jono, no we are not dating...yet." I smiled shyly.

"Oh my god!!" she squealed, clapping her hands together like a 2-year-old on Christmas morning.

"Ah Mila, would you care to enlighten us as to what is so exciting?" Asked our teacher as she walked in. Mila blushed a deep red and shook her head, slinking down in her chair.

Once the attention was back on the teacher and not on her, she wrote a note and passed it to me.

It read, 'you have to tell me everything, otherwise I tell Noah.' My eyes widened at the last part, and I hurriedly wrote 'You wouldn't.'

She quickly passed it back with 'Try me.' Written on it and that was the end of the conversation.

The last classes finished slowly, and then I met the boys at the car to go home. Once we got there, I quickly started searching for my phone.

"Uh baby, watcha doin?' Asked Jaxon. I glared at him but didn't answer. "What!? I didn't do anything."

"If you're so desperate to know, I'm trying to find my phone." I snarled, and he smiled.

"Oh yeah. Here it is." He said, pulling it out of his pocket.

"WHAT!? YOU HAD IT THE WHOLE TIME!?" I yelled lunging at him. I snatched the phone out of his hand then did what a mature person would do; knee him in his 'parts.' He immediately fell to the ground, cursing under his breath and squeezing his eyes shut tight.

I took the opportunity and raced upstairs, quickly locking my door and shoving my chair in front of it. Phew.

It didn't take long for my phone to start ringing with Mila desperate for all the details, so I gladly filled her in on everything.

"Omg! I totally ship you!" She exclaimed.

"Chill. You can't tell anyone yet. I still need to talk to him about what we're going to do with this relationship."

"What about Theo and Lexi?" She asked. She could not keep a secret at all. I learnt that when Lexi was bringing cupcakes for all of us as a surprise on Hugh's birthday and Mila accidentally told all of us before she revealed them.

"I'll call them now." I said, just so she wouldn't butt in and do it first.

"Coolios. I have to go, so I'll talk to you tomorrow. See ya." She said, hanging up.

I went downstairs and went into the living room. Jaxon saw me and gave a death glare, so I turned back around from where I was going to sit and sat next to Olli instead. He looked at us funny but thankfully didn't say anything, whilst Jaxon just continued glaring.