59) Chocolate Bowls

I heard some faint voices in the distance which slowly became a bit louder. Only then did I realise I was asleep, then when I was conscious enough, I realised it was Hunt and Lachie talking.

"What happened?" Asked Hunter.

"She had a panic attack and then I found her collapsed on the floor, breathing really fast." Lachie explained.

"She can't have been there that long though. School only finished at 3."

"She could only have been there for 15, 20 minutes. But she completely lost it, even after I got there she was still cautious. Hence why she's been clinging to my arm for the past 45 minutes." Lachie said, getting a laugh out of Hunter. "You sure she doesn't have minor PTSD? This panic attack was really bad. The worst I've ever seen her have."

"We can take her to the doctors, but I know what they're going to say." Replies Hunter, sighing.

"What?"

"They're going to say it will pass with time."

"But isn't there therapy she can have. At least so the panic attacks aren't that bad. I mean, she's nearly 13! She's going to be home alone at some stage." I decided I'd had enough of their conversation, so I let my eyes flutter open.

"Hey, baby. You okay?" Hunter asked, leaning forward and brushing the hair out of my face. I nodded and unwrapped myself from the blankets so that I could rub my eyes. Once I could actually see again I hopped off Lachie and went to Hunt instead.

"I heard what happened. Why didn't you check your phone?" He asked me.

"Lachie left out that detail." I mumbled, still sleepy.

"Oh, yeah. Her phone is stuffed." Lachie replied, pulling it out of his pocket. Hunter looked at it and tried hitting everyone button, but nothing worked. It would turn off and nothing you touched on the screen worked either.

"Strange. I'll take this to the store tomorrow and see if I can get it fixed. Hopefully we don't have to buy you a new one."

"But I want a new phone." I said. "That one doesn't work."

"We'll see baby." Hunter replied, kissing my forehead.

"You know, Hunter, I think we need to start feeding her more." Lachie announced.

"Oh yeah? We need to fatten you up a little, huh?" He asked whilst tickling my sides.

"Ahhh! Stop!" I yelled squirming to get out of his grasp. Once he finally stopped, Lachie spoke again.

"But seriously. She weighs nothing! I could easily carry her and I'm only 2 and a half years older than her."

"I think that's just because you're strong." Hunter replied, and Lachie immediately lit up. Everyone loved praise from Hunter.

"I've got homework, so I'll come back later."

"Bye Lachie!" I called out after him, but he didn't reply. Hunter and I both burst out laughing together before trying desperately to compose ourselves.

"What would you like to do? We have..." he peeked at his watch, "just over an hour before Olli and Jax get back."

"Can we bake something?" I ask, an idea popping into mind straight away.

"Sure, whatever you want." He smiled.

"Anything?"

"Anything." He nodded, and my face lit up. "Uh oh."

"Not uh oh! I have a very good idea." I huffed, standing up and trying to walk away. I tried, only to lose my balance and nearly fall.