68) Learning to Play

"What do you girls want to do today?" Asked Hunter, coming and sitting next to me. Willow and I got up at 7:30 this morning so that we could watch an early Disney Channel marathon special of Good Luck Charlie. I hadn't seen the show in ages, so I was more than happy to give up my sleep in just this once to be with Willow.

"I think I've got that sorted." Said Uncle Darren, also walking into the room. He paused the TV then turned to face us. "Hunter, why don't you go with the other boys to do something today. Jayden was going to take everyone out, but I have an idea of what I want to do with the girls."

"Oh no, I'll come with you. I don't mind." He smiled.

"Unlucky. Go be a kid and hang out with them. I'll be the adult today." He winked.

"Are you sure?" Asked Hunter. I could tell he did want to go with the other boys, but something was holding him back. Probably me.

Uncle Darren just nodded before all the other boys piled into the room and Jayden told Uncle Darren they were leaving.

"Hunt's going with you too." He said.

"Great!" He smiled.

They grabbed a few things before filing out the door. Hunter whispered into my ear to be good, but I didn't need to listen since I definitely wasn't going to embarrass myself in front of my little cousin.

"Okay. Put on some actual clothes and some runners, then we can go. Willow, I'll help you choose something appropriate." I had no idea what appropriate meant but I ran upstairs and changed into shorts and a long-sleeved top. I tied my hair up in a quick ponytail then met Willow in the hall. Uncle Darren approved both of our outfits, so we headed outside and into the car.

We drove for only 10 minutes before parking and watching Uncle Darren get out.

"Come on!" He said, seemingly excited. We hopped out and stood there.

"Why are we here?" Asked Willow, but Uncle Darren didn't reply, instead he kept walking. "Daddy, this is boring!!"

"Willow just be patient please." He spoke sternly.

Right as we arrived on the green oval, I noticed the bag he was carrying.

"Willow," I whispered, "look!!"

"We're playing footy!!" She ran around screaming and yelling, a big smile adorning her face. You could see Uncle Darren's face light up too as he watched his daughter dance with joy.

He pulled out 2 normal-sized footies and handed us one each. First, he showed us how to hold them, which was a little hard for Willow since her hands are still really small, then we learnt how to kick. At first, neither Willow or I could get out foot even close to the ball, but after lots of tries, we slowly got it!

"Daddy look! I did it!" She yelled.

"Good job baby!" He commended, chuckling and watching us.

We kept kicking goals for a while, moving further and further back to see how far we could go before the ball didn't reach the goals, then we decided to do something else.

We decided to play a game. It was like Octopus, mixed with piggy in the middle. Uncle Darren was in the middle, and I got to start with the ball. I had to hand-pass the ball to Willow, without letting Uncle Darren catch it. Then Willow had to run around Uncle Darren without getting caught. It was really fun and had Willow and I killing ourselves laughing, rolling around in the grass.

We stayed at the oval until about 4pm, before deciding to get ice cream from Happy Cones again. After that, we went home.

Willow and I hung out and watched TV for another hour before all the boys came back.

"Willow! Come hide!" I beckoned her to come and hide behind the side-couch with me. Her face lit up and she ran over and ducked behind the couch with me. We heard the boys come in and say a noisy hi to Uncle Darren.

"The girls are here somewhere, but I don't really know where exactly. I've got a little more work to do, but once I'm done we can sort out dinner." Said Uncle Darren.

"Let's go see where the babies are." Said, presumably, Jaxon.

I heard the footsteps come closer and Willow let out a small giggle. I immediately slapped my hand over her mouth and waited for them to scream boo. I waited and waited...nothing.

"They must be upstairs." Said Jayden. I heard a big rush of footsteps before they got lighter and it went silent, causing me to let out an audible sigh. That was close.

Not even 3 seconds later both Willow and I had massive pairs of hands grip our waists and pull us out of our hiding space. Of course, the boys are laughing their heads off as Willow and I are screaming, laughing and kicking all at once.

Jaxon finally put me down at the same time as Jayden and I collapsed to the floor.

"That was scary." I sighed, trying to calm my rapidly beating heart.

"Well, you guys aren't very good at hiding." Jayden raised an eyebrow at us.

"What do you do today?" Asked Willow, crawling into Jayden's lap.

"We played laser tag and went bowling." Said Olli.

"What's laser tag?" Asked Willow, cocking her head to the side. Jayden smiled but Lachie answered before him.

"You shoot other people and if you shoot them enough they lose."

"With a real gun?" Willows eyes widened. Everyone, including myself laughed before I said,

"No, toy ones. They shoot lasers that are lit up."

"Oh. Oops." She flashed a lopsided grin before burying her face in Jayden's shoulder.

"What'd you ladies do?" Asked Hunter whilst stretching himself over the couch.

"Nothing much." I said, winking at Willow after she looked at me. Jaxon moved his arm, so he was in the perfect position to start tickling me.

"Fess up baby." He smirked. "You obviously didn't do 'nothing'."

"I'm serious! We just went out with Uncle Darren." I shrugged, trying to move away.

"I'm serious!" Olli mimicked laughing. "I don't know why you don't want to tell us. We're going to find out anyway."

"Exactly. So you may as well just give up now baby." Jaxon turned his focus back to me. I stayed silent and tried as best as I could to hide my smile. Suddenly, Jaxon dived in. tickling everywhere he knew would make me scream and burst out laughing. Every time I pushed his hand off he would just move, back and forth from my neck to my stomach to my feet. Everywhere he could possibly tickle me, he did.

"Jaxon!" Said Jayden, jumping up from his seat. "I've got it."

Jaxon stopped tickling me but held me in place as he watched Jayden leave the room. Everyone was watching him, but I think Willow was the first, and only, person to connect what was happening.

A few minutes later, Jayden came back in, holding the bag with the football's in it from earlier.

"These footballs aren't usually in the car, are they Willow?" He smirked whilst she shook her head. "Come on then. Let's put your skills to the test."

Everyone followed him outside and we started a game. Of course the rules were a bit different since Willow and I were tiny but together we only counted as person. Willow, Hunter, Olli and I were all on one team versing Jaxon, Jayden and Lachie.

Turns out Willow and I were pretty bad compared to them. They were just so big and fast; we had no chance at even matching their speed, let alone getting away from them. Plus, they could just lift us up and we would flail our arms and legs, screaming to be put down.

We ended up playing for about an hour before Willow and were too tired to play anymore. That was when we called it quits and went inside to have dinner.