73) It's Boring Up There

It's been a month and a half since the incident with Jono. I haven't had my phone since then, apart from in school, but Hunter put some strange parental lock on everything apart from our family group chat and their phone numbers. I can't use anything and most of the time he's sent me upstairs whilst they would watch a movie.

It's finally Friday night and we only have a week left of term.

"Who's turn is it to pick?" Said Hunter, coming back after putting all our takeaway containers in the bin.

"Mine!" Yelled Jaxon, lurching up from his seat.

"Go then." Hunter raised an eyebrow, smirking at him. Jaxon grabbed the remote and turned on NETFLIX. He flicked through the recommended on his account so that he knew it would be something he liked, but I stood up to leave, detouring into the pantry first, because I wanted chocolate. Whilst I was looking, Olli sometime appeared behind me.

"What are you doing?" He asked, making me jump, not realising he was there.

"Nothing."  I said, way too quickly.

"Sure." He rolled his eyes before placing both hands on my shoulders and spinning me around so that I was facing the chocolate. "There."

"Thanks." I smiled and sighed, grabbing it and leaving to go upstairs. He must have noticed my upset demeanour.

"Where are you going?"

"Upstairs." I mumbled.

"Nah. It's boring up there." He said, pushing me back towards the living room. He led me away from the one cushion I have resorted to sitting on at the very end of the couch on the floor. He sat down on the mini couch and pulled me down with him, tucking me close to his side. Jaxon was too busy choosing the movie to notice, same with Lachie, but Hunter gave me a funny side glance. From this entire thing, Hunter has been the funniest about it. Lachie forgot all about it after a day, and Olli didn't really show what he was thinking, although you could tell he knew it all, and Jaxon was also fine after the first day, but Hunter is a different story. He's been super strict with me, but completely normal with everyone else. He's weird when I leave with everyone else for school and doesn't let me do anything at all, including watching movies. It's really hard not being able to talk to him. Jaxon is my favourite, but not serious enough all the time. Hunter and Jaxon are sort of similar opposites.

Jaxon ended up choosing some movie I'd never heard of, so throughout it I just focussed on eating my chocolate. Whenever I was sure no one was looking, I would put another piece in my mouth.

I was holding a piece whilst checking so that no one was looking and keeping track of how many squares I was eating when Olli plucked it straight out my hand and chucked it in his mouth. I gaped at him whilst he smirked.

"Thanks." He whispered. I huffed and turned back, snapping off another piece. "That's enough I think." He said, taking the block off me. I had eaten half of it at that point.

"Fine." I groaned, flopping my head on his shoulder. It wasn't until then that I realised how exhausted I was. I slowly felt my eyes close and I drifted into a light sleep.

"No Livi."

"Not today."

"Work it out yourself."

"Livi, I said no."

"Olivia."

"No phone."

"You're grounded until further notice."

"Livi, baby, wake up." Said Jaxon, lightly shaking my shoulder. I woke up disoriented from my dream. I lifted my hand to wipe the sleepiness away from my eyes and felt my face was wet. I must have been crying. "What's wrong?" He asked, grabbing me from Olli and taking me upstairs to my room.

The dream came back to me and I burst into conscious tears. I buried my face in his chest and sobbed my heart out. Once I started to calm down, Jaxon tried again.

"H-h-hunter hates me." I started sobbing, and Jaxon started rubbing my back again.

"No he doesn't. Why do you think that?"

"B-because of what I did."

"What?"

"He's still angry with me and I-I stuffed e-everything up with him and E-Eli."

"Oh. Livi, come on. You know that's not true."

"Yes, it is!" I snapped, on the verge of a yell.

"Hey! I'm not the one you're angry at." He said seriously.

"He's the one angry at me!" I yelled this time.

"Poor choice of words." He muttered, standing up, still holding me. We went into his room and he laid me down on the bed, and at this stage I had returned to sobbing again. I buried my face in his pillows whilst he went into his wardrobe to change his current soaked t-shirt to a clean, dry one. "You chill. I'll be back later."

"No, Jax." I whined. "Stay."

He looked at me but left without a word.

**JAXON'S P.O.V**

I couldn't help but feel sorry for her. All of us had noticed how Hunter was acting. He was so cold and mean, and yes, I get it, he was trying to be 'the parent', but Dad would never, ever freeze us out like that, and Hunter should know that.

"She good?" He asked when I walked into the room.

"No, actually, she's not." I replied, glaring at him. At least this got his attention.

"What?"

"Let's go talk."

"Jaxon, we can talk here."

"Fine, then Olli and Lachie can back me up."

"Back you up with what?"

"Why are being so cold with Livi?"

"Jaxon, this isn't your business."

"Crap, Hunter! It is definitely my business and you know it. I just spent the last half an hour trying to calm her down after she told me that you hated her!" I ranted.

"I don't hate her." Hunter said, sitting up straight and matching my serious face.

"Well guess what?" I rolled my eyes. "That's not how she sees it."

"True." Olli added, seemingly feeling like he needed to give an input.

"It's just hard." Hunter sighed, dropping his head into his hands. "Aren't you annoyed she didn't even think to go find you? Aren't you upset that her first option was to run?"

"Of course we are." I said. "I'm angry as hell at those jerks in her year level, but honestly, if that's the worst mistake she's going to make, I'd take it over so many things."

"Maybe you're right. I thought I was doing the right thing." He sighed again, looking up.

"if you look at it this way, she hasn't snuck out. She's not doing any of the things we were doing when we were her age."

"True. She's almost a teenager now. I can't really believe it." Hunter said. "I better go up and talk to her."

"Don't bother." I shook my head, sitting down. "She'll be asleep."