60) Grand Final

"Are you nervous?" I asked Jaxon as I lay on his bed, watching him do his hair.

"Not really. It's just another game." He casually shrugged.

"True, but it is the grand final you know."

"Yes but we're undefeated so I highly doubt we'll lose."

"What if the other team trained super duper hard and now you're going to lose." I suggested.

"Sure, let's pretend that's going to happen." He smirked and rolled his eyes.

"Jaxon! We're leaving in 30 minutes!" Called Hunter from somewhere downstairs.

"I've got to go get ready." I smiled at him, sitting up.

"But you're not coming for another hour." He reminded me.

"Well, I'm going to be doubly excited since you're not." I shrugged then ran out the door, only to collide with a brick wall and collapse with a thud.

"Ouch." I winced whilst rubbing my back. I looked up to see a not-so-impress Hunter towering over me with his arms crossed over his chest.

"How many times have I told you to not run in the house." He said sternly.

"Lots." I replied meekly.

"Go get changed." He walked past me without even helping me up. I slowly rose to my feet and made my way to my room.

I grabbed Jaxon's old singlet and hoodie as well as the school trackies. I was going all out for this. Then I grabbed the school coloured ribbons and some face paint crayons before heading into my bathroom to get changed.

I put my hair up in a high ponytail and laced the ribbons into perfect bows before adding a few more curls to my hair. Once that was done, I put all the clothes on and paired it with my white Fila shoes.

Getting changed took about 40 minutes, so I went downstairs and saw Lachie watching TV.

"Hi." I said whilst plonking next to him on the couch.

"Hey Livi. You look good." He said, eyeing my outfit.

"Thanks!" I replied, glad he noticed.

"Oh, I was meant to tell you. Hunter took your phone to the store this morning."

"Really?" I asked.

"Yep. It's stuffed and unfixable. You need a new phone."

"Yes!" I squealed in delight.

"Oh calm down would you." He rolled his eyes.

"Hey guys, I'm back. Let's go." Said Hunter. "Olli!"

"Coming!" He yelled.

We all piled into the car and headed off to school for the footy game. When we arrived, Jaxon was practicing passes with some other boys, so we went straight up into the grand stand. We found a good seat close to the front and got comfy.

It didn't take long for the game to begin but I was pretty bored most of the game. I liked going to the finals because I liked seeing the parades and them getting the trophies, but the actual sport was pretty boring. I was slightly interested in the scores but other than that, nothing much was very interesting.

"Hunterrrrr?" I whined.

"Liviiii." He mimicked.

"Can I please go buy something?" I asked, using my puppy dog eyes.

"Like what? Remember what you had for dessert last night."

"Yes, but that was yesterday. Now I want something."

"Fine. Here's $5. One thing only and I expect change missy." He reprimanded.

"Yes, okay. Thankyou!" I jumped up and ran to the small shop up the top. After eyeing my options for a few minutes I decided on a crunchie bar; my favourite. Then I made my way back to Hunter.

"What'd you buy?" He asked peering into my arms.

"Crunchie!" I replied excitedly.

"Good choice. Money please." He held his hand out.

"There was no change." I answered and sat back down.

"Oh really? That entire chocolate bar cost $5?"

"M-hm." I replied, taking a big bite.

"Sure it did." He laughed and returned his focus back to the game. He watched the game for about a minute before turning to me and demanding a bite.

"Noooo. It's mine." I gasped pulling it away.

"C'mon! Otherwise I have to have the change back." He raised an eyebrow. Ooh, he is good.

"Fine." I huffed, holding out the chocolate bar. "Small bite."

He took an okay-sized bite, but it was still too big for my liking.

"Look at the scores! There's only a minute to go!" Olli said from the other side of Hunter. I looked up to see the scores 67-79, our way.

"Go Oakwood!" I yelled out with the other people. The minute passed so quickly, and we managed to get another goal in that time. "Hooray!" I shouted again, knowing we won.

They went through the parades will all the fancy banners then handout out all the trophies to the winning team. After they had taken a few photos, the boys were allowed to grab their drink bottles and leave.

"Let's go meet Jaxon, shall we?" Said Hunter, standing up and grabbing my hand.

All of us headed out of the grandstand and down to the side of the oval. It didn't take long for Jaxon to come out and I quickly ran up to him.

"You won, you won, you won!" I squealed, jumping into his arms.

"I know!" Replied, catching me and spinning us around. When he stopped I took the trophy and admired it.

"Now we're matching." I grinned at him.

"Yes we are." He smirked and put me down.

"Do you like my outfit?" I asked, giving a little twirl.

"Well...it looked better on me, but I guess you could pull it off." He shrugged, turning serious.

"Hey!" I punched him in the arm, not receiving any reaction.

"You are not strong enough to hurt me baby." He laughed, then threw me over his shoulder.

"Jaxon! Put me down!" I yelled at him. After he walked all the way to the car, he finally put me down and the excess blood released from my face.

"Congrats Jaxon." Said Hunter as we all piled into the car.

"Thanks Hunt." He smiled, but I could see the pride he tried to mask.

"Let's go home. I'm tired." I yawned laying on Jaxon's shoulder.

"Sure. We can watch a movie." Suggested Hunter, earning a chorus of 'yeses.