42) Carnival

It has been a week since Jono asked me out and tonight is the night.

I worked everything out perfectly.

Firstly, I would be going home with Mila to get ready, and my brothers think I'm staying there for a sleepover. Her parents are away, and she's being looked after by her older sister, who is the same age as Jaxon, so she doesn't care what we do. Jono will pick me up from Mila's and take me from there, them drop me back afterwards. His Dad is driving us there and taking us, so that's all easy.

In my head, there was absolutely nothing that could go wrong. Until now.

I was sitting at our lunch table with Theo, Mila and Lexi when Jono came up behind me. He slung his arms around each of my shoulders, his hands dangling at my flat chest and rested his head on top of mine.

"Hi." I said nicely.

"I'll get you at 6. Wear casual." He said casually, then walked off. All three girls squealed at once, and that was when Noah and Hugh decided to show up.

"What is he doing over here?" Growled Noah, all tensed up.

"Chill Noah, he's her science partner." Smiled Hugh, winking at me.

"It didn't look like science related stuff." He growled again, keeping a blank face and glaring at me.

"More like chemistry." Said Theo, wiggling her eyebrows. I gave her a death stare and she immediately shut up.

"What was that!?" Yelled Noah, looking back and forth between the 2 of us.

"Nothing Noah. Chill out please." I asked gently. He glared again at me, then ignored me for the rest of the day. I felt sort of bad, but I would just have to explain tomorrow. No way was I going to risk him trying to stop me going out with him tomorrow. I had never been out with a boy before, and Noah was not going to ruin it just because of some stupid feud between them.

When we got home to Mila's house it was 4 o'clock, so I took a shower so that I would have plenty of time. I washed my hair too, then blow dried it. Mila offered to curl it, but I didn't think it was worth it since my hair was already in perfect beach waves.

She helped me do some light makeup that she stole from her sister, and by then it was 5:15. I then got changed into blue denim jeans, a baby pink flowy singlet top and my white converse. I added my 'Olivia' name necklace as well, then just spoke to Mila until Jono texted.

After a short amount of time the doorbell went, and Mila and I raced downstairs. We opened the door and there stood Jono. He'd done his hair like he always wears it, then was wearing black jeans and a maroon coloured hoodie.

"I'll let you two love birds get to it." Smiled Mila, shoving me out the door and slamming it shut.

"Let's go." Smiled Jono, grabbing my hand and leading me to the car.

"Where are we going?" I asked, curiosity burning inside of me.

"Stop trying Liv. I'm not going to tell you." He grinned, and I let out a frustrated huff.

We got to the car and he opened the door for me.

"Hey there, I'm Jono's dad, Simon." Said his Dad who was sitting in the front seat. He was kind of younger than I expected, with strong arms and cool style. He reminded me a lot of Jono actually.

"Hi, I'm Livi." I smiled into the rear-view mirror. Once Jono got in, he sat next to me and we just talked. Jono's dad, Simon, also spoke and I found out he is a manager for a tech company part time, and then a personal trainer the other days. That would explain his physique.

After about a 20-minute drive, we arrived, and I looked out the window. I gasped when I saw the hundreds of rainbow glowing lights and the Ferris wheel.

"Like it?" Asked Jono, grinning.

"Like it?" I scoffed. "No." I said seriously, and his expression faded. "I love it." I smiled again, and his excitement returned.

"Okay, I'll pick you up right here at 9:30. Don't do anything stupid, and Jono, please don't do anything to Livi. She seems nice. And way out of your league so I'm not sure..." Jono cut him off before he could finish.

"Bye Dad!" He yelled, slamming the door shut and walking to the entrance with me.

We got our tickets then went in. We each chose a few things that we wanted to do and ended up going on a swinging ship first.

It was terrifying but the thrill of your stomach dropping each time the ship swung in the opposite direction. Next we went on the dodge'em carts and I slammed into him so many times. Every time he would jerk forwards and I would be sent into another fit of laughter.

After doing a few other rides, we went to a food stall. We got a huge stick of fairy floss to share, then went in line for the Ferris wheel.

"Thanks for bringing me here. I've never been before." I smiled gratefully.

"You've never been?" He asked in disbelief and I shook my head.

"My mum was never a big fan because she had a bad experience when we were younger, and now my brothers don't take me because they say there's too many dodgy people around here." I shrugged, stuffing my face with Fairy Floss. It tasted so good!

"Fair enough. Oh, let's go." He said, grabbing my hand and pulling me into a carriage. We slowly rose up and up and up, until we were at the very top.

"It's beautiful." I sighed in amazement. If you looked up there was the ominous black-blue sky dotted with sparkling stars, then you looked down to see so many happy people surrounded by flashing coloured lights.

Jono didn't say anything, so I turned to look at him. We locked eyes and each of our eyes travelled down to the other lips.

It felt like slow motion, but he leaned in and softly brushed my lips. Sparks flew through my body and gave a shock I had never felt before but was amazing. He then leaned in and properly kissed, and slowly turned into a passionate kiss. Not full on, but gentle and long. Way too quickly, we both pulled apart and took a big deep breath.

"That was amazing." We both whispered at the same time.