|10| Haku

KIYOSHI'S POV

Sakura yawned from next to me. I sighed leaning back. "You two always this lazy?" Tazuna asked.

I shot an annoyed look. "You do realize that I can destroy your whole bridge with one punch. Right?" He paled and apologized to me. 

That's what I thought.

Since Sakura had good chakra control, she was moved with me to protect Tazuna as he builds the bridge. 

"Where is that weird blonde kid? and the one with the attitude?" he questions while carrying what I think is a beam. "They're training. Climbing trees." Sakura replied.

"Too tough for you?" He asked in a mocking tone to Sakura. He knew better than to provoke me. "Actually, I'm better at it than them." Sakura fondly stated.

Right.

A man walked up to Tazuna and quit. I frowned watching them argue. Even though he is obnoxious and annoying, he's a good man from the heart.

~~~

As we were walking back to his house, we had to stop and pick up things for dinner. I had to witness an awful sight. Kids were out on the streets. They looked so malnourished and starved. 

We entered a store though there was hardly any food. Suddenly Sakura kicked a man, "You pervert!!" she screamed.

I blinked. Huh. The man was unconscious. 

"You surprised me back there. Most girls don't fight like that." Tazuna said impressed. What's that supposed to mean? Sakura huffed. "They should!" 

She twitched and was about to strike someone again but then she stopped. I turned around to see a little boy. He probably wanted some food. 

My eyes soften at the sight. I bent down to his level and smiled. He stared at me. I dug in my bag and took out a few apples. His eyes widened as I handed them to him.

He smiled wide. "Thank you!" I ruffled his hair and smiled again. "It's no problem." His eyes sparkled as he stared at the apples and ran off.

I stood up and frowned. Such childhood. Nobody should have it this horrible. 

~~~

We were eating at Tazuna's house. But Naruto and Sasuke started making it a competition. I sat between Kakashi and Naruto. In front of me was Sasuke, the kid Inari and Tsunami. 

"The dish is nice. . ." Sasuke absently commented. Naruto and Kakashi hummed in agreement.

"Thanks." I blanky said and continued eating my food. Sasuke choked. "Ah yes, Kiyoshi-chan is the one who made that." Tsunami informed and smiled.

"It's really tasty Kiyo-chan!!" Naruto complimented. I gave him a closed-eyed smile.

Naruto and Sasuke then started eating a lot. And fast too. "I want some more!" They yelled together and then glared at the other.

I sweatdropped. "You know how rude that is? You're gonna puke- ahh." I facepalmed as they did what I predicted. They still didn't listen to me which pissed me off.

"You little shits!!" I yelled, standing up and slamming my hands on the table, though gently so I don't break it.

Everyone stilled as my KI started sweeping out. "If you're gonna puke it all out so don't eat it in the first place!! Some people are starving outside so be grateful and don't waste any food!!!" My glare hardened on them and they shakingly nodded.