|20| Time to kick some Oto butt

KIYOSHI

Waking up to a sore back because of sleeping on wood wasn't nice. It wasn't.

I don't think I wanna experience that again.

Anyways, in the morning when I examined both Naruto and Sasuke, I frowned as the two of them had gained a fever. I can't do much about it. I don't think anyone can do much rather than give the patient some medicines and put a wet cloth on the forehead to help with the temperature of their body.

Even if they can, I don't know.

Sakura helped in taking care of the two of them. I think something happened or something sparked within her because whenever I look at her now, I see a desire to change. A desire to help, be useful. A desire to not be left behind. 

To think I could read all of that just by the look in her eyes. Sakura. . .she's trying to change. I won't know much because I ignored her from the start. But, I hope she gets the result she wants.

"Oi Sakura," I called out. She turned around and faced me. "I need to go fetch some herbs which will help in easing the fever and some water so um, I leave these two in your care. You can handle it, right?"

She nodded. "I can." 

I was hesitant. We had moved from the place I made to a place we found. A half-opened cave. Which Sakura insisted on. I wanted to secure it but Sakura insisted that she'll take of that too.

I was hesitant not because I didn't trust her ability. . .Ok, maybe I didn't. But, I'm not a person who depends on others. No that's their job, to depend on me, I mean. It's a flaw in me. I can't depend on people easily, no matter how much I trust them. It reflects on fear of mine. Not being able to be trusted, not being self-sufficient. 

With a sigh, I rose to my feet and headed off.

~~~

"What the actual fuck?" I yelled gaining everyone's attention. I stood on a branch above Neji and his teammate Ten-Ten while I eyed the scene. Sakura cut her hair short and her face was bruised. Lee laid unconscious on the ground. The Ino-Shika-Cho trio stood while panting against the Otogakure ninjas who smirked as they saw me.

"Man fuck you all," I jumped from the position and landed crouching. "I leave for a minute and this happens." I stood straight and faced the Oto nin.

 I shifted my eyes so they were focused on Ino-Shika-Cho. I closed my eye and smiled at them. "Mind leaving? I promised someone I'd beat these guys to a pulp and they just gave me a reason to." They slowly nodded and hid in the bushes.

I focused my eyes on the scumbags again and . . . I smiled. A closed-eyed smile. "Sakura, who was the bastard."

On hearing her name, my pink hair teammate snapped her attention to my back, as it was facing her. "I-!" 

"It was me." The kunoichi from the group said with a smirk. I looked over to her still smiling and titled my head. "You?"

"Yes me!" She said proudly. I dropped my smile and my eyes darkened as I glared at her. I started slowly oozing my KI out. Slowly but in large portions. The people around me either gasped or flinched. I could see her noticeably gulp.

I placed my head back straight as I gave a repeat of my meeting with Zabuza. But this time, I oozed KI more than I did my chakra. The spectators flinched in alarm as they saw me in a thin light firey blue layer. The Oto genins winced. The beads of sweat were visible on their foreheads.

"It was you, hah? You know, I don't particularly enjoy seeing my comrades in danger." I slowly walked towards her and then stopped. Titled my head once more, then disappeared and reappeared behind them.