|56| The Race Is On

The sun was about to rise, and Idate and the other racer were warming up. As soon as the sun is up, the race is on. 

"What kind of race is this?" Naruto questioned. Sakura pulled out a map. "You know, the kind with a start and finish." I sweatdropped. That's the definition of a race.

She then proceeded to explain the whole deal. It was an anything goes in the end; shortcuts, dirty tricks.

"That's why hiring ninjas to help you is okay too." Sasuke inputted from behind me. "Okay, so where are the ninja the other side hired dattebayo?" Naruto asked.

I shrugged. "They're around. Hidden." I secretly glanced at the dude with green hair, who blended with the crowd. 

"I don't care what you guys do," Idate spoke, "But whatever happens just stay away from me." Naruto began quarreling with him. Big whoop.

"Attention! Attention! The race to the Great Todoroki Shrine is about to begin! Running for the Wasabi is Morino Idate!" The announcer spoke through the speakerphone.

Cheers erupted as people cheered for him. Then they announced the Wagarashi family's runner. He looked like a spoiled brat.

"Runners, take your marks!" The two did and the gates started to open to the docks. "GO!" And off they went.

The race began.

"We should— what the fuck?" I blinked seeing Idate run off in a different direction. "What is he doing?!" Sakura shouted as Naruto ran after him. Sakura and Sasuke followed.

I blinked twice again. "Asshat. . ." Sighing, I glanced back at the green dude. He had some weapon on his back that caught my eye. I'll fight you soon, I guess. . .

I threw my kunai with a force and teleported where it landed. Not far from my team. Sweet. I ran and caught up to them.

"It's too late! He'll never win this far from the port." Sakura declared.

"I don't know," Sasuke voiced out, "He might have planned to come this way from the beginning." Naruto dashed off to catch up with the guy.

Sakura's eyes widened. "Watch out! That's the end of the cliff!" 

I activated my Tenketsugan and immediately groaned. "Genjutsu? Seriously? I hate Genjutsu."

"You hate everything Uchiha related."

"Figured that fast didn't ya ducky?!"

Taking Sakura's warning, Naruto looked around confused before he realized what was going on. He ran after Idate to save him.

I quicked my pace and started weaving signs. Idate began to fall and my blonde boy jumped after him, catching him by his clothes.

"Moukuton: wood hand!" A wooden hand shooted out of the ground and grabbed both the boys in its fist. Idate screamed and moved around.

"Stop moving ya dumbo!" I said as my eye twitched. My hands were placed in the ram sign as I brought them back to the ground. The hand gave me a fist bump before dissolving back into the ground.

Man, the Senju library has the best and coolest Jutsus!

"Look, I didn't need your help okay?" Dumbo spoke. Naruto yelled at him. "You didn't need it, huh?! What about thanks for saving your life?!"

Idate shot him a glare. "You only saved me because you're bound to by duty! There's no need for me to thank you." 

I smiled at him. "You're right. I would have left you to plummet to your death if it wasn't for our mission." I closed my eyes, my smile not leaving my face. "As soon as it's over though. . ." I let out sadistic chuckles.