|14| Chunin Exams

KIYOSHI

"You believe me right? The Suna genins are suspicious." I asked Satoru, who sat in front of me. I laid on my back, on the couch, and wrote a letter to Baa-chan. 

"It would seem so, I advise you to be on your toes along with your team." He murmured deep in thought. "If you're that skeptical then I should accompany you to ensure your safety should I not?"

I snickered. "Nice try." He huffed. "One can do only that." I chuckled. "I'll be fine~ It's just the chunin exams, not a war, and wouldn't it be cheating to bring you along?" I stood and walked to a drawer to pull out an envelope.

He shook his head. "Not exactly and the shinobi life is full of cheating." 
"True that."

~
We were once again waiting for Kakashi since he was late. 

"This is so annoying. I wasn't even able to blow dry my hair. . . " Sakura said and eyed me and my perfectly in place hair.

"Yeah... Dattebayo!" Naruto mumbled, stuffing his face in the macha cheesecake I made for him.

"This is heavenly." He sighed, I smiled. Normally,  I would have said ' thank you ' but I had a huge headache. I kept rubbing the middle of my forehead.

It didn't help so I used some medical ninjutsu instead. Sasuke was leaning on the railing of the bridge with his eyes closed.

A puff of smoke caught our attention. We all turned to face our sensei who gave a used excuse.

"I know this is sudden but I recommended you all to the Chunin Exams," Kakashi informed.

He handed the forms and Naruto jumped to hug him. "Kakashi sensei you're the best!"

"Hey, don't slobber on my vest."

I read the forms. We have five days to get ready, Naruto kept cheering 'Chunin Exams'. Sasuke looked cocky. Sakura looked. . .I wasn't sure because she was staring blankly at the paper.

"Kakashi-sensei! I have something to tell you." I kept my voice low. He nodded and dismissed my teammates.

"Yes, hime?" I explained the whole thing and my suspicions to him. He patted my head. "You're just paranoid, don't worry. Leave these things to the elders ok?" I huffed but nodded.

~

I finished my letter and mailed it away with the messenger hawk to Baa-chan. I got the keys and walked out of the compound. Satoru, following behind. 

"Where are we headed to now?" He questioned. "I have to meet a friend," I replied and proceeded to walk towards a training ground. More specifically, the training ground where I felt his chakra.

"Yo!" I greeted as I entered. He turned to me, the veins on his eyes easing as he deactivated his Byakugan. "Kiyoshi. . .you have a wolf following you?" He blinked at the sight of Satoru, looking confused.

"I'll explain later, what's up Neji?" I made a wooden bench for us to sit on. He was used to me using my wood-style casually so he just took a seat. "My team has been recommended to the Chunin exam." He informed.

"No way, mine too!" I smiled, "I'd love to kick your ass." he scoffed in return. I chuckled as he rolled his eyes. "Anyways, I think we have to put a hold on our training session for a while because of the said reason. I have to work on my Tenketsugan as well. . ."

"Your what now?"

"My dojutsu."

". . .Your what now?"