|61| Miscalculation, New enemies appear!

We jumped from branch to branch, pursuing the bastards. We were not too far behind them. "That's strange. It's been quite a while and we still haven't encountered a single trap. Shikamaru? What's your assessment?" Neji questioned.

"It looks to me that we've been underestimated, they're cocky. They think their big guy's the one following them now. Nobody sets a trap for their own man do they?"

I looked at my surroundings, scanning them thoroughly with a frown. Is that so?

"It'll be fun to see the look on their faces dattebayo," Naruto smirked. "Those idiots are so going to regret it!" 

Naruto, he's been so quiet throughout our chase. You must be the most worried one of us all. Even if you don't admit it, you see Sasuke as your own brother.

"It seems you're right about our enemies Shikamaru. And it's insulting to be underestimated like this." Neji spat bitterly. I snorted. "Oh? Destiny-boy is angry now, huh? Things are bout to get heated."

Shikamaru nodded. "Now we can take them by surprise. Let's do it, Kiyoshi." I nodded, jumping above and concealing myself while following them.

When the guys did encounter the four, the tree leaves hid me completely while giving me enough space to see them. They, however, were caught soon enough. The spider-boy was left behind to fight them. He spewed out a spider web. . .Major Ew.

Shikamaru got stuck to a tree because of it. It took all my willpower not to jump down then and there to help them. Naruto and his clones appeared, descending on him. Six-arms jumped off and spewed a large amount of that chakra spider web thread into his hands before molding it into a ball. He trapped all of Naruto's clones in one net.

But, he was still mid-air. It gave Kiba a chance. "Fang over Fang!" Inazuka shouted and with his dog, headed straight for the enemy. Unfortunately, the attack failed.

Had I trained in Kenjutsu-- like Ren begged me to, mainly because he's also a swordsmith like his father and wanted to make me a katana-- I would have been able to fight against these webs.

Stop and focus on the abilities you have in your hand.

By the time I had focused back on the situation, Neji was trapped in a cocoon of his webs.  Soon, the spider dude turned all his attention to Naruto. 

I fisted my hand tightly as I watched him attack Naruto's clone after clone until only two were left. He laughed. "You are a very lucky guy, I'll give you that. But this time I got a fifty, fifty shot! Here it comes!" He threw another one of his weapons at him.

It turned out to be a clone again.  He threw the last weapon at Naruto, but it poofed away, signaling it was just a clone. 

I furrowed my eyebrows, wait where is he?

My thoughts were interrupted when Naruto lunged from behind the freaky spider, he struck a punch but it was blocked. Naruto dodged the opponent's attack and landed safely on a branch below.

I or Shikamaruby the look on his face— weren't aware of this. He came up with it on his own. The goal was not to defeat the enemy but—

Spider dude attacked again but it was blocked by Neji jumping in and slashing his wire away. "Naruto, thanks for stalling him for me."

 The goal was to stall until Neji— the only one who can truly break through these wires— gets freed. To come up with that in the heat of a battle. . .he really has grown. A lot.

"I trapped you, how did you get free?!" Spider dude demanded. 

Neji smirked, "Your spider web has a chakra base and chakra-built substances don't stand a chance against my gentle fist attack."