|12| Wave mission complete

KIYOSHI'S POV

My eyes fucking hurt. My whole body hurts. Oh god, I hope my teammates did not presume me dead and prepare a funeral. I told the boys I was gonna rest, code words for; I'm going in a temporary death state.

If it were permanent, Baa-chan would have killed the old man and Kakashi.

Slowly I tried to open my eyes when my ear regained its hearing.

I felt a few drops of water on my face. Is it raining?

I twitched a bit then, heard a loud gasp as I tried to sit up. Two sets of arms stabilized me as I did. "Fucking dammit pretty boy. . ." I murmured.

"Kiyoshi!" Sakura shouted in relief. I heard Sasuke grunt a 'hn' as well. "Yo-you're alive!" 

"Yeah, preachy. . . where's-?" I asked looking down as there was still a sting in my eyes. What the hell?

"Zabuza and that boy. . .their dead," Sasuke answered. Oh. That's. . .too bad.

"Did Naruto. . . ?"

"No. I'll tell you later," Sakura replied. 

"Ah, I see-"
"Kiyo-Chan!!" I was engulfed in an embrace by Naruto. A very tight embrace.

"Oof!" I let out. Naruto let go of me. "You- you had me worried." He said and wiped his tears. I looked up to him with my eyes fully opened. "Sorry-"

I was cut off by everyone's loud gasp. I raised an eyebrow. "What?" I asked. Sasuke, who was staring at me with a shocked expression spoke. 

"You're eyes. . ." I grew more confused. Sakura handed me a broken mirror from the ground and I took it to examine myself.

I took a sharp breath. "Wha-!?" I was staring at my now RED eyes. Red eyes with a slit in between them.

Kakashi sensei came to see what the commotion was about and sharply inhaled. "You awakened your Tenketsugan. . ." he gaped.

"What!?" I yelled. I felt them deactivate. Tenketsugan? What the hell is that? Why the hell do I have it?

"Wha, what's the Tenketsugan sensei?" Sakura asked. I'd like to know as well!

Kakashi lowered himself and sat on the pavement like us. "The Tenketsugan is the fourth Dojutsu of the shinobi world. It isn't as renowned as the Sharingan or Byakugan but it's just as powerful. The Akame clan members are the people who possess it."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Then why do I have it?"

His lone eyes landed on me. "Because you're an Akame as well. Your mother was from the Akame clan." 

My eyes widened. "What. . .?"

 My mother?

~~~

We stood at Zabuza and Haku's graves. I got told the whole drama. Zabuza wasn't evil, he helped us and killed Gato. And Gato that shady, shady midget played with their lives. Zabuza got real mad when the midget kicked Haku's dead body and thus the dead thugs on the bridge.

Haku. . .he was a nice guy. Maybe just maybe in another life, I'll meet him again and save him. I'll make sure to do that. 

Naruto got a new ninja way now. His Nindo. I smiled at his declaration. 

"Ne, Sensei?" Kakashi turned towards me. "Hm?" I looked ahead to the celebrating people of the land. "The mission. . . we have to wait till the bridge is complete and help right?"