|24| Preliminaries end

KIYOSHI

"The surgery was a success," I informed a, now sighing in relief, Kurenai sensei.

"Ah, Arigato Kiyoshi."

"Mhm, no problem. She needs two weeks of bed rest before she can train again, and a nurse will come by to give you the list of medicines she needs to consume . . .If you want you can go check on her." I gave a small smile.

She nodded and returned my smile with one of hers. "Hai." She walked past me and into the room Hinata was sleeping in.

Sighing, I walked to the reception to sign off. "Hm? Oh, Kiyoshi-senpai! Another surgery eh?" The receptionist asked. She's older than me, probably in her mid-twenties but most of the staff here call me 'senpai' because of my advanced skills in medical ninjutsu.

"Yeah, well I have to go back now. I'll most likely be back though. See ya!" I waved with a closed-eyed smile and shunshined back to the area. 

Naruto and Sakura jumped at the sight of me. "Kiyo-Chan! Is Hinata alright!?" He practically jumped on me. I placed my hands on his shoulders to calm him.

"Don't worry, Hinata-Chan is fine. The surgery was a success. So? What did I miss?"

"Nothing much. Just the two Kusagakure ninjas match, they were against each other." Sakura answered. I hummed as I suspiciously eyed them.

Kankuro walked up to Naruto and started talking to him. I didn't mean to eavesdrop on their conversation but they were talking loudly and my ears are shinobi trained.

"So about this guy, Neji, I feel like we didn't see the full intent of his power. What's his story?" Kankuro asked.

"I'm gonna pulverize him, that's his story 'ttebayo!" Naruto said raising an arm in the air.

"Okay. . .Not what I meant." Bruh, you just want to know if he has some info on Neji to get to think of a strategy.

"You know, you seem like a nice guy. I like you." Kankuro said. Naruto turned to him with a deadpan. "Well, don't take this the wrong way. But I don't like you. Kiyo-chan says you're a bad word I shall not say."

*sniff* Very good Naruto! Oh, I'm raising you right!

Kankuro twitched as the two did a stare-off with a dark aura surrounding them.

Gai was encouraging Lee that he'll go next and then Lee said that he has waited for a long time so he doesn't care if he goes last. The screen was rolling names and . . .

Sabaku no Gaara v/s Rock Lee. Oh so Panda-Kun's turn now?

Lee kicked up his legs in the air and shouted a triumph shout. "I knew if I said I would be last, I would d be next. It is the form of reverse psychology. I certainly fooled them have I not!?" 

I don't think an automized screen can hear you.

"That's my boy, now let me tell you something. You see that gourd on Gaara's back. Be careful cause there's something strange about it." Gai said. I blinked. You're noticing it now?

"Excellent advice, sir." Lee wrote it down in his notebook. *gasp!* another chosen one!?

"Don't write it down, you'll have no time to look at it during the match."

"Oh, and even more good advice!" 

"Now Rock! and roll." Gai pointed out.

"Right!" Lee yelled and jumped down to fight. What did I just witness?