|18| Panic in the Forest

KIYOSHI

When the lock came off the gates we walked in before we ran to a little clearing and decided to discuss things over there.

Not a minute later screams filled the forest. "That sounded like someone screamed," Sakura said. Yeah, no shit. "I don't think I like this place." She finished and clung to my arm. I pulled myself out of her grasp. 

"Oh come on. It's nothing to be scared of. It's going to be a piece of cake." Naruto exclaimed. "Excuse me for a second. I got to-you know." He turned around to a tree and started unzipping his pants. Suddenly the ground is a very interesting sight.

Sakura immediately went up and hit him upside the head. "Not in front of us girls you don't! Get out of here, what is this a kennel?! Find a bush or something."

"No, Naruto wait. Can you hold it for a moment?" I asked and he nodded. "Good. We can't separate right now. Oi ducky, where did that team go again?" 

Sasuke took his hands out of his pockets. "Gate 9. Not too far from here. You memorized their chakra signature right?" Sakura and Naruto looked back and forth between us. Probably thinking what we're talking about.

"Yes, I did." I walked up to a tree and placed my palm on it. I closed my eyes and started navigating the forest and where their chakra signature was. I opened my eyes. "Not too far from here. We'll keep moving and plan a surprise-"

"Ah, guys I can't hold it much longer!!" Naruto jumped on his legs. I looked towards him with three small dark lines on my forehead. "Go with him Uchiha."

Sasuke grunted an uninterested sound. "I don't need Sasuke-Teme anyway! I'm going on my own!! Nothing will happen to the future Hokage dattebayo!" Naruto said and dashed off.

"Wait! Naru-" Sakura put a hand on my shoulder. "Let it be. He's an idiot but not that much of an idiot. He'll handle."

"He burned the water while trying to boil vegetables," I said with a deadpan. She blinked. "Where did that idiot run off to?"

"Ah man, that was a lot. I wrote my whole name." Naruto's voice called out behind a bush. When he showed himself, I narrowed my eyes. The scar on his cheek is gone and the pouch is on the wrong leg. His chakra seems off as well. Yep, not him.

"Your such a pig!" Guess who said that. Sasuke went up and kicked the imposter into a tree. "Sasuke-kun, it wasn't that bad. Don't you think you're going a little overboard?" Sakura asked.

I shook my head. "That's not Naruto," I said and her eyes widened. I pulled her behind me, my fist raised. 

The dude wiped his mouth, a sinister smile on his face. Sasuke went after him and they jumped around a little. "Where's Naruto?" I demanded. The guy transformed back into an Amegakure ninja wearing a white jumpsuit.

"Alright, you got me. So what? I'm taking your scroll so, c'mon hand it over or else." He smirked and held his kunai up. Alright enough of this.

I appeared behind him and slammed my raised leg on top of him. The earth cracked and dusk rose. When the dust died down I saw he was lying there unconscious. "That was easy," I muttered and turned to Sasuke. "Did ya find Naruto?" 

"I-I'm here dattebayo!" I found him standing next to Sakura. I shot him a glare that made him wince. "I told you to stay together!"

"Sorry, Kiyo-Chan." He apologized. I huffed and checked the guy's pocket. He didn't have a scroll. Of course, he didn't. I stood up and walked back towards them.

After that, we gathered back together. "That proves that we can't just trust appearances. We have to come up with a way of knowing that each of us is what we say we are and not just some ninja using a transformation Jutsu." Sasuke said.