|44| Gambling is Fun

Thank you Boringkate for yet another beautiful art🤧. 

Kiyoshi

One thing kept bugging me. Satoru hasn't once tried to contact me. It's kinda weird. Usually, he would always transport himself next to me whenever a strong enemy came, but now? He still hasn't shown up. 

Strange. But anyway—

I made the new design on seal paper, pouring bits of my chakra into it, and pasted it on a tree. I ran back at least 20 feet before concentrating on my chakra. I closed my eyes and furrowed my eyebrows.

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

I opened my eyes and I was standing in front of the tree I marked. I frowned. 7 seconds. It took me 7 seconds of concentration to reach here. That's too slow.

According to his journal—the one where he kept track of his Jutsus and training— granduncle could do it in 4 the first time he used it. Hell, Yondaime could do it in fricking 2! 

Well, what did I expect? Their geniuses, once born in every hundred thousand. I'm not like that. It took me 4 years' worth of storing chakra to obtain the Byakugou seal. It took me 3 months just to learn how to heal a simple cut.

It took me 5 years to use Moukoton the way I can now and it still needs practice. 

'That's admirable, the fact you obtained it naturally that is.' My eyes widened a bit. Ah— I thought, placing a hand on my forehead— It's the voice again.

Somehow this voice only bugs me when I'm high on adrenaline. I think I'm going insane. . .

Nah, I just need to puke. 

And I did. Behind the tree, I hurled up nothing but bile as my stomach twisted and my head spun. It was one of the side effects of using this Jutsu for the first time.

I groaned and gargled my mouth with water and spit it out, before taking another sip and drinking it. 

This is such a pain in the ass. I turned my head to where the boys were, only to sweatdrop.

"Strike!" Jiji yelled with a ball in his mouth. "What the fuck. . .?" I trailed off as I approached the duo, eye twitching ever so slightly. "Since when did you turn into a dog?" 

Naruto must have not been in the mood or something because he didn't even snicker at my comment. Jiji just gave me a deadpan.

"How's the Hashirin training going?" He questioned. I shrugged "It's going, I just barfed so now I'm just gonna go get something to eat, ne? See ya." I ran away waving a hand without waiting for a reply.

As I entered the village, many smells of different varieties of food reached my nose. I inhale them all too contently and then walked into a tea shop. A lady— most likely the owner— came to take my order.

I ordered a cup of herbal tea. That always helps in headaches. When the lady came back— after taking her time— with my order she had five sticks of dangos on my plate as well. Blinking in confusion, I raised an eyebrow.

"Uh, I just ordered the tea." 

"Oh, I know but you see the dangos come with the tea. Free of cost." She said and turned back to the counter.