|41| Go on a trip, it'll be safe, they said

(Before Kiyoshi woke)

"Whatever name you go by Jiraiya-Sama, I must say you're something of a disappointment. A lecherous old man with the disposition of a child. It's almost impossible to believe that you are one of the three legendary Sanin." Kisame chuckled as his partner dealt with the other two kids.

Jiraiya glared at him, eyes flickering to Kiyoshi whose body wasn't responding and was caught in a trance. A genjutsu to be exact.

"So, you guys are after Naruto?" He decided to ask. Naruto whipped his head towards the man in disbelieve and confusion.

Me?

"You're right. Naruto-Kun is the prize that the Akatsuki is after and we will have him." Itachi answered and turned his graze to Kiyoshi. "But. . .He isn't the only target of ours. We are also after the Tenketsugan. More precisely, her Tenketsugan."

Hopefully, Jiraiya-Sama can connect the dots soon. . .

This shocked Jiraiya. Wanting Naruto for being a jinchuuriki, I understand. But why Kiyoshi? When her Tenketsugan isn't even fully developed yet?

Itachi closed his eyes momentarily. I apologize, Kiyoshi. And then threw her across the hall. She hit the wall, surprisingly not harshly.

"Kiyoshi!/Kiyo-Chan!" Both her teammates shouted.

Kiyoshi

"So Kiyo-Chan, you're telling me that your father came back from the dead so he could help you out of the hellish genjutsu?"

"That summarizes it pretty much."

"Oh, cool." Naruto was the only one who took the news well. Meanwhile, Gai sensei was yelling something about youth and father's love with comical tears pouring down his face. Jiji was mumbling something about 'haunting him from the dead.'

"What happened to ducky dumb-dumb?" I decided to ask seeing he is getting a piggyback ride from Gai sensei. Naruto made a serious expression. "That guy put him in a genjutsu like you and he's still out of it."

Oh. . .

"Which reminds me. Can you fix him Kiyoshi? Kakashi is in a similar state." What the- even sensei!?

"I wish I could. Baa-Chan is the only one who could fix them." I answered. 

"So-" Naruto started, looking up at Jiji with a serious expression. "-Ero-Senin, what exactly do those guys want with me anyway?" He asked. 

Ah, so did they say outright they want him, or has Naruto gotten smart. . .they said it out.

The wind picked up. Jiji was silent for a moment before he sighed, giving in. "Don't get the wrong idea. It's not you, they want. It's what's inside of you." 

Kyubi. They want the Kyubi.

"What is this thing anyway, some horrible demon that terrorized Konoha? That's why everyone's so afraid of it right? So why do these guys want it so bad?"

Jiji started explaining about the Kyubi but I zoned out. I have no intentions of listening to a history lesson. God, Iruka already bored me enough on that in the one month I stayed at the academy.

 It's a good thing I had Satoru go back to the clan compound. I just hope this news doesn't travel fast. . .

"Oh well, I just have to get stronger! No other choice I guess." I blinked and turned to a smiling Naruto. How the hell does he stay so optimistic is beyond me.

"Alright! Let's find this Tsunade woman so she can fix up Kakashi-sensei and Sasuke and we can get onto some serious training!"

I hummed. Working on my sensory abilities might help. . . I'm not exactly sharp in that area.