Why Is It Always Me?

Percy's POV
All I wanted was some peace and quiet. Is that so much to ask? I sure don't think so! But this had to happen. Oh sorry, I'm such a Seaweed Brain. Hi, I'm Percy Jackson. Why am I so worked up? Well, it happened like this.

----------------------------------------

"Seaweed Brain!" I grinned at the familiar voice. Even when she's angry, her voice is an angel's. Good thing she wasn't angry.

"Yes, Wise Girl?" I faced my beautiful girlfriend, taking the sight of her in. Blonde princess curls cascaded from a messy ponytail. Grey eyes sparkled happily. Annabeth wasn't wearing shoes, she must have been at the beach. I looked closer and noticed that her hair was damp, as was her shirt.

"Hey, Perce." She slipped her hand into mine.

"What's up, Annabeth?"

"Chiron wants to see the seven plus Nico and Thalia." Annabeth explained. I felt my heart sink.

"Think it's a quest?"

"I'm not sure, Percy. Rachel wasn't with him...." We headed towards the big house. I could see Piper and Jason on their way too. A satyr sprinted past me towards the forges, probably to get Leo. Calypso followed, as extra help.

To say I was surprised when Leo brought Calypso back would be a lie. Somehow I knew the kid had met her, and they matched pretty well.

"-ercy....Percy. SEAWEED BRAIN!" Annabeth yelled in my ear.

"Sorry! Sorry! Zoning out." I apologized, pressing a soft kiss to her forehead. She rolled her eyes in mock annoyance, but her grin told me otherwise.

"You two lovebirds coming or what?!" Piper's voice held a laugh.

"Aww, leave off, Beauty Queen. They'll get there eventually." Jason's voice also held a laugh.

"Shut up, Love Spawn, Spark Plug." I retorted jokingly. We all laughed, and the other two waited for us to catch up.

"So, any ideas what this is about?" Piper asked after a few moments of silence.

"Dunno." I shrugged. Jason repeated the gesture, and Annabeth made an 'I don't know' motion with her hands. We stopped in front of the big house, discussing the possibilities.

"Maybe it's a quest?"

"Nah, Sparky, Annabeth said Rach isn't here."

"Well, what about a 'secret mission'?"

"Piper, that only happens in the movies."

"It was worth a try, Owl Face."

"Watch it, Beauty Queen."

"Ladies, you're both pretty. Annabeth slightly more so, but still."

Jason opened his mouth to retort, but Chiron cleared his throat.

"If you four would like to come in, some of the others are waiting. I believe we're still missing Leo and Thalia."

Annabeth and I took seats next to each other on the couch inside the big house. Hazel and Frank were participating via Iris Message, and we waved at each other. Leo burst in moments later.

"HAVE NO FEAR, THE MCSHIZZLE IS HERE!" He yelled, setting his hands on fire. I immediately doused him with water.

"Bro!" The little Latino glared at me. I grinned back cheekily.

A flash of lightning landed in the grass outside, revealing Jason's 'older' sister Thalia. She had recently discovered a method of travel for children of Zeus. We were currently calling it lightning travel, for lack of a better name.

"Now that you're all here, I have some news for you," Chiron began.

"Is it a quest?" I asked.

"Of a sort, unfortunately...."

[A/N I'm already enjoying this one.....MWAHAHAHAHAHA! Just kidding. Hope you enjoy too!]