I Hate Hats...

[A/N I know I know, the exchange student line isn't the best. But I don't want to reveal him right away and I needed a story! I'm sorry.]

Harry POV
This Percy kid was pretty weird. He kept fidgeting during the train ride. Not joking, I don't think he could physically sit still.

At one point Hermione asked to see his wand. He gave it to her and she examined it. Hermione's suddenly been hell-bent on being a wand maker for some reason.

"Drift wood. Makes sense. Favors those who love water. The core...." She held it to her ear.

"Mermaid hair." Percy supplied when she looked at him for help. Hermione nodded.

"Chooses more loyal people as the wielder. This wand's practically custom made for you, Perce."

"Why?" Ron asked.

"I really love the ocean. Being near it, swimming in it, sitting on the beach." Percy said.

"And he's extremely loyal. He's taken knives for people, saved people's lives." Hermione added. Percy blushed.

"Uh...yeah...." He said. An awkward silence settled into the cabin.

"Well, I want to go find someone. My principal, headmaster for you guys, I guess, told me I'd see some familiar faces." Percy bounced to his feet and left quickly. He was spinning a pen in his fingers.

"What's up with him? He's all jittery." Ron commented.

"He's ADHD, Ronald. It's not his fault." Hermione said, sounding resigned.

"Oh."

"Hermione, how do you know him so well?" I asked after another awkward moment.

"He's practically family. His girlfriend is my half sister." Hermione explained.

"Half sister? I didn't know you had siblings." I said, furrowing my brow.

"She's adopted. But we shared a room for years. She's older than me."

We dropped into silence. Percy came running back into the room. He flopped down next to Hermione.

"'Mione, I'm hungry!" He whined.

Hermione laughed. "Of course you are. The trolley will come sooner or later."

"But that's too looooooong!"

"Percy, grow up." Hermione said playfully. Percy sat up and looked at her, his face holding a comically dramatic look of shock and hurt.

"Never!"

"Perce-"

"No!"

"Percy."

"I AM INSULTED!" He yelled dramatically.

"Perseus Jackson do not make me call your mother or your girlfriend."

The black haired boy suddenly had a look of apprehension in his eyes.

"Please don't."

----------------------------------------

We filed into the Great Hall and sat. Percy had looked ecstatic when he was told he had to cross the lake, even though it was raining when we finally got to the castle.

"Percy must be getting sorted with the First Years." Hermione commented.

McGonagall led in the 11 year olds. Percy looked very out of place.

We 'listened' to the sorting hat's song. And by listening I mean we sat politely through it, not really listening.

"First years, when I call your name step forward." McGonagall held up a list. "Abbet, Kora."

A blonde first year approached the stool.

"HUFFLEPUFF."

And so it went.

At the end of the sorting, McGonagall turned to us.

"We have an exchange student this year. Please treat him with respect and kindness." McGonagall said. Then she looked at the list again.

"Jackson, Perseus."

"Just Percy, thanks." Percy called as he stepped up to the stool. The hat was a good 3 inches from his head when it screamed.

"GRYFFINDOR! GRYFFINDOR HE BELONGS IN GRYFFINDOR, DON'T PUT ME ON THAT BOY'S HEAD."

McGonagall looked surprised, and Percy looked uncomfortable. However, he just shrugged and got up.

Us Gryffindors began to clap. This kid was interesting.

Percy plopped down once again next to Hermione. "Food?" He asked hopefully. Then his eyes got a nervous look.

Hermione leaned over and whispered in his ear.

The platters filled with food. "GREAT!" Percy began piling food on the plates.

Ron stared at him as Percy began wolfing down the food. "Whoa."

"Percy, don't be such a slob." Hermione said, but it sounded amused, rather than the disgust she showed when Ron did that.

[A/N hope you're enjoying! I'm a Ravenclaw daughter of Apollo. Wassup!]