Old Friends and New Ones

Percy POV
Neptune hooted loudly in my ear. I yelped and jumped up.

"Thanks bud." My stuff was still packed, but I scrabbled around the room anyway, making sure I didn't miss anything.

"Perseus, you are going to be late." Hecate's voice echoed through my room, anusement evident in her tone. I glanced at my watch and yelped again.

"Don't worry, young demigod. I will transport your things. Hurry."

My trunks and owl disappeared. I sprinted down the stairs, tossing Tom the room key.

"Good luck, young demigod." Tom called after me. I was glad the bar was deserted.

"THANKS TOM!" I yelled over my shoulder.
----------------------------------------
"Excuse me, how do I get to platform 9 and 3/4?" I politely asked a red haired woman leading a group of teens. Many of them had owls and cats, so I figured they were wizards.

"Are you new?" She asked, giving me a motherly smile.

"I'm an exchange student from America. I was told how to get to the platform, but the woman who explained didn't do a very good job."

"Well, why don't you follow Ron." She pointed to a redhead boy who was getting ready to run straight into a wall. I watched carefully, then followed when he disappeared.

As Hecate had explained, there was no impact. Instead, a red train appeared. My things sat on a cart that was being loaded onto it. A lot of kids were running around, and just then a whistle blew.

"The train's gonna leave soon." Said a blonde girl beside me. I glanced over at her and did a double take.

"Luna?!" Luna Lovegood, a daughter of Iris and legacy of Morpheus, looked up, her eyes losing their dreamy look as soon as they met mine.

"Percy!" She threw her arms around me, her tye-dyed red shoes leaving the ground as I picked her up to hug her back. "What are you doing here?"

"Quest. I'm an 'exchange student.' I'm not the only one either, but they're coming later." She grinned at me.

"Well, I'm going to go find Neville. Hope to see you a lot. Maybe you'll be sorted into Ravenclaw!" She jogged off, waving. I smiled and climbed on the train.

Most of the compartments were full, except for one in the back. It had no one in it. I opened the door and sat down, spinning Riptide around in my fingers in pen form.

"What did she mean by an old friend?" Asked a voice, coming towards my compartment. I looked out the window.

"I don't know, Ronald." A familiar voice snapped. I sat up and stared at the door.

"Wait, Hermione admits to not knowing something? The world is ending!"

"Shut up Harry. Anyway, this one's open." Another familiar face opened the door. "Hey, can we sit with y-Percy!"

"That's twice in one day someone's done that to me." I commented with a grin at Hermione. Her eyes sparkled as she sat next to me.

Two boys followed her in. The redhead I had followed through to the platform, and a boy I didn't recognize. He looked a lot like me, except his eyes were more emerald colored, and he had a strange scar and glasses.

"Umm, 'Mione, who's this?" Asked Redhead. What was his name? Oh right. Ron.

"This is an old friend, Percy Jackson." I waved.

"Hello. I'm an exchange student here." Hecate's most recent instructions rang through my head. 'Don't tell anyone what school you are from. Chiron and I are working it out.'

"We've never had an exchange student." Glasses Boy commented.

"Sorry, you are?" I asked, hoping I didn't sound rude. Surprise flashed in his eyes, then thankfulness.

"Hi. I'm Harry. Harry Potter." Suddenly it made sense. This was the kid I was sent to watch.

I nodded. "Oh okay. Hi."

Rob looked a little indignant. "Do you know who he is?!" He demanded. Hermione smacked him.

"Yeah, I do. Boy Who Lived, among other things. But I doubt Harry wants to be fawned over all the time by everyone. It kind of sucks." Ron and Harry looked at me in confusion, but there was a hint of gratitude in those green eyes.

"So, 'Mione, I haven't seen you in a long time. How've you been?" I changed the subject, my ADHD acting up. I didn't want to sit in quiet. Hermione smiled, knowing the exact reason I had asked.

"It's fine." She began to talk about her life. Like most children of Athena, the girl could sure motor-mouth. But I still listened. 'Mione was one of my best friends before she left camp.

[A/N YAY DEMIWIZARDS! Not making Percy one, even though I know that's a trend and so on blah blah blah. Also, the shoes are what Luna was wearing. They're also what I wore today.]