Getting Ready

Annabeth POV

"I'm so not used to this." Hermione complained, flicking her magically straightened hair out of her face to examine her eyes again.

"I think you look better without the contacts." I told her. "Now if only you'd let your hair go back to it's natural color."

"No. I like it brown." She responded, lightly applying makeup around her grey eyes. 

"You're gonna stab yourself with that mascara wand if you aren't careful." Piper commented. At first I thought she was talking to Hermione, but when I turned she was talking to Leila.

"Annabeth, how did you even do that?" Hermione complained, having turned away from the mirror.

"Do what?" I asked.

"Your hair. It's so pretty."

I touched the back of my head, feeling the delicate braids to make sure none of them had come out. "Practice."

Hermione sighed and turned to Calypso. "Help me with this?" She motioned to the back of her dress.

Piper grabbed her shoes and slid her feet into them. "This might actually be fun, despite the whole dressing up thing." She commented, twisting a few strands of hair into a tiny braid on the side of her head and tucking a feather into the bottom of it.

"Well I'm gonna have fun." Thalia grinned. She was wearing her outfit already, and had already asked Aphrodite if she could keep it.

"Just don't beat anyone up." I told her.

"What if they're asking for it?"

"Only if it's absolutely necessary." I conceded.

"So that means she can punch Harry as soon as she sees him, right?" Piper asked.

"He's just paranoid. He's used to people not listening to him, but that only makes him more determined to be right." Hermione sighed.

I shrugged, searching for my shoes, which I was pretty sure were under the bed.

Leila finally finished her makeup, then slid her black flats on. She expertly twisted her hair into a bun and secured it with two chopsticks.

"The guys are going to get antsy pretty soon." Ginny pointed out, setting down her curling iron.

"The guys will survive." I told her.

Reyna, dressed and sitting in the corner, snorted quietly.

Thalia and Clarisse got into a discussion of the pros and cons of spikes on combat boots.

"They double as weapons."

"But the things are too flimsy to do actual damage."

"That can be fixed."

I chuckled.

"Is everyone ready?" Piper asked.

"Looks like it." I surveyed the girls. Everyone was dressed and had makeup and hair done.

"Let's go, then." Hermione smiled.

"Single people first." Ginny grinned and headed for the door.

I laughed quietly. "Make the boys wait..."

------------------------

Percy POV

"Stand still dude." Jason fixed my bowtie. 

"He's just waiting for Annabeth to come down those stairs." Leo grinned.

"Hades yeah, I am." I muttered, fidgeting.

Footsteps on the stairs made us all turn.

Ginny appeared first, her mint green dress contrasting her hair well.

Hermione came after her, grey eyes sparkling just as much as her dress.

"Ladies." Conner and Travis offered their arms to the two girls, who rolled their eyes but took them.

Leila and Reyna came into view, talking quietly about who know's what.

"You two look good." Neville said with a smile.

"Yeah, yeah, go find your girlfriend." Leila told him with a smile.

Neville blushed lightly, but left through the portrait-hole.

Thalia and Clarisse looked kind of terrifying, but Jason just grinned at his sister.

I began to bounce up and down lightly on the balls of my feet. 

Leo seemed just as fidgety as me, but when he glanced at me and then back at the stairs his eyes lit up.

Calypso looked great. She was smiling widely as she descended the stairs. 

"Wow, Sunshine. You're hotter than me. And that's saying something." Leo said.

"Whatever, Repair Boy." She laughed.

She reached the bottom of the stairs and Leo offered his arm, leading her off.

I turned to the stairway hopefully as I heard more footsteps.

It wasn't Annabeth. Piper appeared, her eyes focused on Jason.

"Piper, you're a knockout!" He said. I didn't understand the joke, but Piper laughed.

"Same old Air-Head." She teased.

"What can I say, you take my breath away."

"Flirting, take it elsewhere." Travis called.

The only person not down here now was Annabeth, and I felt my excitement building with every second.

I saw her feet first, peeking out from under her skirt as she came down the stairs.

Her eyes caught mine and I my mind went blank.

She was gorgeous.

The dress complimented everything, her curves, her skin tone, her eyes, her hair. Her makeup did the same, not adding to her beauty, just pulling out the best parts and showing them off. Her hair was pulled back and I couldn't see much of it from this angle, but it was still beautiful.

"-weed Brain? Seaweed Brain!"

"Huh?" I blinked.

Annabeth laughed, her sweet voice distracting me again. "I asked if you were done staring yet."

"I'd never be able to get enough of you." I told her.

"Aw, you're sweet." She kissed me lightly. "Let's go find the others."

I grinned and took her hand, leading her out the dormitories.

Tonight was going to be amazing.

[A/N aw seaweed brain]