Skeletons In The Closet

Harry POV

It was so fleeting, I barely saw it. The teacher had an evil smile on her face for a moment as she opened the trunk for Nico.

A man in dark robes burst forward. He had midnight black hair that reached his shoulders and matched his midnight black eyes as well. It wasn't demon style though, he just had impossibly dark irises. His pale skin almost shone as he glared at Nico.

"You. Why did you have to live? I preferred her so much more, but who survived? The useless runt!" He roared the last sentence. Several people flinched, Hazel the Death Eater being the worst.

Nico laughed bitterly. "This is what you think my worst fear is? He says that on a regular basis, I'm used to it. Rather stupid monster, you are."

The man looked confused for a moment, before a glitter appeared in his eyes and his form began to swirl and change.

"Stupid, am I?" A new voice asked.

"No." Nico took a step back, as if on reflex.

The boggart finally chose a shape. A man appeared, muscular and young, probably in his twenties. His face was might have been handsome, but his expression was harsh, angry. He also had shoulder length black hair, but his eyes were a bloody red.

The most impressive part was his wings. Bright white angel feathers stretched out behind him.

"Hello, little one. I seem to have found the true fear. I thought you told him?"

"I-I did! W-why...no, no no no. Go away!" Nico's voice shook violently as he tried to tell off the diety in front of him.

"I think not, di Angelo. You'll have to be a little more forceful than that."

Nico was visibly shaking now.

"What about the other one? Yes, that's it, I see that flicker in your soulless little eyes. You really should have taken him up on his three day offer, Nico."

Suddenly the creepy teen lunged forward, knocking the man back into the trunk. He looked up at Nico in surprise.

"You don't own me, you can't tell me what I should and shouldn't do. Get out of my life, you freak! Go torture someone else." He slammed the lid of the trunk down and braced himself against it for a few moments.

"Mr. di Angelo?" Mrs. Asuma asked.

"I'm fine. Just get someone else to go before I burn that trunk to ashes." Nico snarled, heading back to his friends. Hazel pulled him into a hug and Jason patted him on the shoulder.

Mrs. Asuma had the rest of the class go. Ron screamed at a spider to "bloody screw yourself" then when his family appeared dead, told them that he didn't care. I could see tears in his eyes after.

Mine was still dementors. Let's just say that it was an interesting experience, trying to speak to a dementor, to get it to go away from me.

"Last two. Jackson, your turn."

Percy stepped forward, facing the trunk with his back straight.

It flicked open and a teenage boy climbed out.

There were gasps as we realized it was the man who had been sending those weird messages. Or at least the face he used. The only difference was that this version had blue eyes.

"What's up, Percy?"

"I don't understand." Percy said. "You aren't my greatest fear, I know that."

Blond boy smirked. "You sure about that?"

"Yeah."

"You could have saved me."

Percy flinched slightly. "What?"

"If you had just tried a little harder, Jackson, you could have saved me! But no, you just let me die."

He shook his head. "Luke, I swear, if there had been another way-"

"Bullcrap." The boy's form changed, becoming shorter, his hair turning black. An eyepatch appeared. "What about me? You convinced me to help you. And what happens? I get freaking stabbed through the stomach! For you!"

"Ethan, I-"

"Shut up, Jackson!" A girl stood in the boy's place.

"Silena, please." Percy sounded close to tears. "Don't-"

"Tell the truth? That my death was your fault? Well it's true! I died so that someone else could save your pathetic backside!"

Again it changed. A huge dark skinned boy stood there, frowning. "Beckendorf?" Percy asked quietly.

"You told me it was safe! You promised that we would survive! BOTH OF US!"

The boggart produced several more faces, each who told Percy that he was responsible for their deaths. A dark haired girl that looked like Nico kept saying, "I wasn't moving that fast. A person with your reflexes could have stopped me."

There was a girl with long hair in a braid and a bow in her hand, a very short boy with brown eyes and black hair, also with a bow, a boy with shaggy blond hair and a medical kit under his arm, a boy with strange purplish eyes and short blond hair. They began to chant. "It's your fault. Your fault."

"NO!" Percy screamed. He faced the group of them. "You all knew the risks. Bianca, you know it could have easily been me, not you. Same with you, Zoë. Lee, Castor, Michael, you don't know how sorry I am. But war happens. You all took part willingly in trying to save your friends and it could have been me for each of your deaths! IT'S NOT MY FAULT!" He was practically sobbing.

The boggart suddenly turned into a familiar blonde head. Annabeth was bent over, holding her stomach.

"Why would you do this, Percy?" She straightened slowly, showing a sword shoved into her stomach.

"I didn't." Percy responded, seeming to steel himself. He stepped forward and tipped Annabeth's chin up before planting his hands firmly on her shoulders and pushing her backwards. Without waiting for the boggart to disappear, he pivoted and ran out of the room.

"Percy!" The real Annabeth yelled.

[A/N wow, long chapter. Anyway, see! Action! Hope you enjoyed.]