Public Trial

Third Person POV

"I'm giving you thirty seconds to start talking."

Percy's body seemed to radiate anger as he glared at Harry, who was shaking a little bit at the infuriated teen before him.

"I don't have anything I want to tell you." The wizard finally managed to squeak.

"If you want to keep your body in the condition it is in at the moment, yes you do." Percy growled. "Where is my girlfriend?"

"I don't know, she's probably off snogging someone!" Harry retorted.

"Annabeth wouldn't do that." Percy rolled his eyes. "What did you do to her?"

"Why do you think it was me?"

Percy opened his mouth to answer, but the creaking of door hinges cut him off.

Jason strode through the doorway, Reyna and Piper on his heels.

"The Patils saw Harry coming out of the Forest a little while ago."

"And our source said he was panting like he had been running when we were getting ready to start questioning people and he was acting weird and looking around." Hermione informed him.

Percy turned to Harry again. "Your time is up, Potter. Spill."

"Go to Hades." The boy taunted, using the Greek version of what he wanted to say in an attempt to throw Percy off.

Percy leaned forward until he was inches from Harry's face. "I've been there." He sneered quietly. "And do you know why I got out? I was focused on getting my girlfriend out as well."

Harry seemed to be rethinking his decision to mock the angry demigod.

"She's my world, Potter. So you're going to tell me where she is or I'm going to start removing limbs."

"You won't hurt me. You aren't allowed to."

"Percy, hold on." Hermione spoke suddenly.

She and the others had been speaking quietly in the background, discussing something. Reyna and Piper abruptly left the group, jogging out into the hall, where their footsteps echoed down the corridor as they ran.

"There's a better way to do this. Leave him alone for a minute and we'll get it ready."

Percy took a deep breath. "Fine."

Hermione nodded, then followed Piper and Reyna out the door.

The room fell into a tense silence.

"You can't just keep me here. I have rights, don't I?" Harry tried.

"You lost your rights." Percy sneered.

"Hey it's not my fault your girlfriend got lost-"

Percy lunged forward and Jason pulled him back, beginning to speak quickly to him in low tones.

Harry fidgeted as the two boys talked, glancing at him every couple of seconds.

"Fine. I'll meet you down there in a moment." Percy finally said.

"Keep your head, Perce." Jason told him, then left the room quickly.

"You're just going to leave me with him?" Harry shouted, but the son of Jupiter was gone.

Silence reigned in the room.

"So you're just going to ignore me now?" Harry finally asked after a minute of quiet.

"You wish." Percy said, his voice much calmer than the last time he had spoken to the teen wizard.

"Then what are you doing?" Harry asked.

"Getting myself together so I can do this." He responded.

"Do what?"

Percy didn't answer, instead striding over and grabbing Harry by the shirt, pulling him to his feet and dragging him from the room.

They walked through the corridors on a purposeful path that Harry soon realized was in the direction of the Great Hall.

"What are you-"

"Shut up." Percy told him calmly, but his grip on Harry's shirt tightened marginally.

They reached the Great Hall and found the doors closed. Jason stood outside them, his arms crossed like the bouncer of some strange, olden times styled nightclub.

"Is everything ready?"

"Yeah. It took a few minutes, but Reyna's mom pulled through."

"Wonderful." Percy nodded. His entire body was tense, as if he was waiting for the gunshot at the start of a race, but he seemed to be mentally calm enough to do what it took to get his girlfriend back.

Jason turned and pushed the doors open. 

The first thing Harry saw was all the students, sitting at the tables which had evidently been moved back into place quickly while he was gone from the Great Hall. Most people were still in their dresses, with the exceptions of a few people who must have gone to bed early, since they were wearing pajamas.

Percy dragged Harry through the silent hall up to the stage where the band had been playing, which now had a single chair similar to the ones in the Ministry courtrooms in the center of it.

Reyna stood on the side of the stage, a large cage that looked like an over-sized cat carrier sitting on either side of her.

"Sit." Percy ordered, letting go of Harry's arm when he reached the chair.

"Why?"

The son of Poseidon glared at him and pointed at the chair.

"Sit."

Harry slowly lowered himself into the chair. The chains immediately sprang to life and grabbed his arms, making him yelp in surprise.

Percy turned to the silent students that were watching him.

"If you're particularly squeamish, I'd suggest you leave now because this might get ugly."

A few first years got up and left quickly.

Percy waited until the doors had closed, then nodded and clapped his hands together.

"I've asked you to observe so you can know the consequences of lying or attacking one of us. We're nice people, trust me. But if you get on our bad sides, well..." He chuckled. "Things happen."

No one said a word. 

"Let's begin."

[A/N Harry's in trouble! What do you think Reyna has?]