What We're Up Against

Third Person POV

The demigods gathered in the 'war council' part of the Room of Requirement. The circular table they usually sat at had been replaced by a rectangle made of tables, which Percy deftly leapt into the middle of.

"Okay, so what are we certain of?" He asked the group.

"Voldemort and Kronos are in the forest, trying to get into Tartarus." Annabeth started.

The fountain in the corner sprang to life, forming two tiny people over Percy's head. One of them had a little bitty wand, the other carried a miniscule scythe. Trees appeared around them and down at Percy's shoulder height, a tiny version of a cavern appeared. He pushed the whole image upward and it floated off to the side.

"For our visual learners." He explained when Annabeth looked at him weirdly. She opened her mouth to ask a question, then seemed to change her mind, closing it.

"There's already a monster army with them, they're trying to add to it." Frank said, bringing the group back on track.

Tiny monsters joined the two tiny water figures, more appeared by the cavern.

"Nico can feel when they try to break through." Hazel said. A third tiny human appeared, with small lines radiating from it's head.

Leo snickered. "He looks like Spiderman."

"Focus." Piper told him. She sounded serious, but a small smile slipped onto her face.

"If Nico can feel it, shouldn't Hades be able to as well?" Hermione asked.

All eyes went to the son of Hades and daughter of Pluto.

Nico shrugged. "He hasn't gotten in contact or said anything to me, but I'd assume so."

A slightly taller 'Spiderman' figure appeared next to water-Nico with a small question mark next to it.

"Is Pluto trying to combat the attacks?" Jason asked.

"He doesn't always have control over the pit." Nico said. "If he can reach it, I'm sure he's trying."

Percy created a small string of water that stretched from the Hades figure to the pit. A small water scissors appeared next to it, occasionally snipping the string, which repaired itself slowly.

"The biggest thing we need to know," Percy began, the water image dissolving into a blob and swirling over his head, "is whether or not Tartarus is helping them."

The ball of water formed a large image of a muscular man with a question mark over it's head.

Silence reigned in the room. No one wanted the answer to that question to be a yes, but they were all scared it would be.

"We have to have the school evacuated or something." Annabeth said quietly. "They're in danger here."

"Or we can tell them what they're truly facing. Get them scared and then give them a way to combat that. Maybe we can get them to focus on learning to fight." Percy said.

Everyone looked at him like he was crazy, but he kept talking.

"We can do weekly evaluations and based on those evaluations tell them who can and cannot fight should another attack occur. Each approval or disproval stretches until the next evaluation."

"That's....not a bad idea, actually." Clarisse spoke up for the first time during the meeting. All eyes went to her and she leaned forward in her seat as she spoke. "This is their home, they'll want to protect it. We just have to give them the right tools and motivation."

Percy grinned triumphantly, glad that someone was on his side.

The demigods began to debate the pros and cons.

"Some of them are just kids! How do you expect them to fight like we do?" Annabeth insisted.

"How old are most of our campers?" Clarisse shot back.

"There's an army at their door!"

"We've dealt with that before." Hermione pointed out.

"And we'll be there to back them up, we know they'll need it." Jason added.

"They have a right to know their lives are in danger. If there was an unknown threat on our door, wouldn't you like to know?" Percy asked loudly, effectively silencing the group.

"All in favor of telling these wizards what they're up against?" He asked the quiet room.

Hands went up all around the circle, some more hesitant than others. After a few moments, everyone had a hand in the air.

Percy nodded. "I'll tell McGonagall. Nico and Hermione, you come with. The rest of you, get some practice in. We'll join you when we're done."

Everyone nodded and he leapt out of the square of tables, heading for the door with Hermione and Nico on his heels.

"We're going to have to be ready at all times if we do this." Annabeth told him.

He turned, smiling. "And that's different from our everyday lives?"

[A/N tadaaaaa a chapter]