Whoever Holds This Position If He Is Worthy Shall Have the Power of A Teacher

Percy POV

I planned my entrance for class very well.

Our class walked in, everyone glancing at the desk where the teacher would sit.

Confusion and a little bit of chaos ensued when no one was there.

I let this go on for about three minutes before calmly walking up to what was now my work station and plopping down in the chair.

Probably looked weird with me being in a blue sweatshirt and jeans. After Leo had set his robes aflame in a spectacular blue, red and green inferno, McGonagall said we didn't have to wear robes if we didn't want to. Annabeth and Jason continued to wear them. Jason claimed it helped conceal his new sword that replaced his special little coin, and Annabeth just liked the idea of them.

"Seaweed Brain, what are you doing?" Annabeth asked, drawing everyone's attention to me, if it wasn't already there.

"I'm the new teacher." I grinned and propped my feet up on the desk, giving Annabeth a wink that she would know meant to go along with whatever I was going to do.

"Yeah right!" A Slytherin yelled from the back. Draco facepalmed as inconspicuously as possible.

"It's true." I flicked everyone a little wave. "My name's Percy, if you didn't already know."

"What gives you the authority to teach a bunch of kids the same age as you?" The guy called.

There it was. I opened my mouth like I was going to answer, then dropped to the ground as a spear whizzed over my head.

Screams erupted from those watching and spells flew, but my nonverbal Shield Charm stopped the attacks.

I leapt to my feet and faced the weilder of the spear, a burly woman with a cape hiding her features.

She held her hand out and made a short 'come at me' motion.

I uncapped Riptide under the table to make it look like the sword had been there, then launched myself at my attacker, slashing viciously.

It quickly became clear that while the woman was deadly with her preferred weapon, I was a much better fighter.

Finally, she stabbed at my stomach, aiming to gut me.

Slashing Riptide down, the Celestial Bronze tip of the spear hit the marble and I planted my boot on it, preparing to tap my opponent's neck to signal her defeat.

Before I could, an arrow whizzed past my head.

I leapt around my first attacker and looked over her shoulder to see another cloaked person crouched up on a windowsill, firing arrows as rapidly as possible.

I moved back between the two attackers, deflecting arrows like my life depended on it, which it did.

The spear sliced past my face and I ducked, drawing the dagger that was tucked in my sweatshirt pocket.

A quick flick of the wrist sent the dagger flying to sever the bowstring of CloakHead Number Two.

Without hesitation he grabbed my weapon and dropped to the ground, moving forward slowly and assessing my movements. I turned back to my other opponent, trying as hard as possible to disarm her before the other person reached me.

Before I could finish off the first one, the second one was on me. I grabbed another dagger, this one sitting out of the way on the desk behind some papers.

Dagger on dagger, spear on sword, we clashed violently. I disarmed the dagger-weilding archer first, as he had been on the defensive most of the time, analyzing me instead of attacking. I tapped his neck with Riptide and he nodded, backing off.

Not long after, a lightning-charged spear was driven into the ground a few feet away. Riptide met the woman's neck in another light tap and she bowed her head in defeat.

I turned to the students, who were watching in awe. "How's that for authority?"

Applause broke out.

"Like I said, I am Percy and I am your new teacher. You can call me Percy, if you call me Mr. Jackson I will throw you out a window. Jason can testify to this, as can Leo. These two," I gestured to the two cloaked figures. "Are my assistants. Clarisse La Rue." She unveiled herself by unclipping the cloak and tossing it on my desk.

"Hey Frank."

He nodded. "Clarisse."

"She's a renowned fighter where we go to school. Like, deadly as they can get. Helpful, since I don't fight as well with a spear as I do with dagger and sword. My other assistant is more of the class medic."

"Oh, come on!" Nico snorted. "We all know he's here to help with the shooting, since you can't hit a target to save your life. He's obviously improved since I last saw him too."

"Maybe I can't hit a target with an arrow, but I can with a dagger. Would you like me to demonstrate, di Angelo?" I held up the dagger from the fight.

"Please don't." My cloaked friend said. "I'd prefer not to have to get to work so early after getting here." He pulled off his hood, revealing his shaggy blond hair and bright blue eyes.

"This is Will Solace." Several girls sighed and stared at him, but Will was grinning and staring at Nico.

"Now that you know my people, we're going to get started." I grinned and rubbed my hands together.

"Let's begin."

[A/N That was fun to write! I think that I'm going to make Clarisse's relationship with Frank a lot more sibling-like than most write it. They seem like they'd get along, I mean, Frank is awesome and so is Clarisse. Hope you enjoyed!]