Too Many Surprises

Percy POV

I stared at the familiar face.

"Jackson, what are you doing here?" Draco asked, his eyes flashing with a mixture of excitement and apprehension.

"Learning, duh." I said jokingly.

"You understand enough words to learn things?" He teased. I laughed.

"Good to see you man."

"Same. How's Annabeth?"

I shrugged. "Probably going ballistic waiting for next week. I know I am."

"Course you are."

"Umm, Percy, care to explain?" Ron asked, glaring at Draco.

"Drake and I go way back. He's one of my closest friends actually."

"DRAKE?!" Harry spluttered. The door behind Draco's group of friends, who he honestly looked really annoyed with, opened with a quiet creak.

"Creepy." I muttered.

"Hello, students. I trust most of you will recognize me?" A sneering voice spoke from the doorway. Draco turned to stare.

"Professor?" He squeaked.

"Hello again, Draco."

I suddenly recognized that voice. "Oh, Nico's gonna kill you."

"I doubt he will, he is the student, and I the teacher."

"He's also more powerful than you." I sneered back at the greasy-haired ghost in front of me.

"Professor Snape?" Harry asked.

"Potter." The dead son of Hecate responded, hatred still in his voice. "Jackson." He added, seeing me.

"Wait, what? He hates someone more than me?" Harry whispered.

"Jackson, pair with Draco." I smirked.

"No problem, Sevvy." The class froze. Draco gave me a look that told me to shut up.

"Detention, Jackson."

"Whatever." I muttered as we took our seats.

"Are you INSANE?!" Draco hissed.

"I don't like him, Drake. You know that. I will not suck up to him just because he's a teacher."

My blond friend shook his head in disbelief. "I can't wait till Annabeth gets here. At least she can talk common sense into your Seaweed Brain."

----------------------------------------

My first week was pretty subdued. Hecate had gotten all my spell books in Ancient Greek, which was nice.

None of the demiwizards had dyslexia. Apparently being a wizard cancelled that out. Their books were normal.

"Percy, you're freaking insane." I turned to grin at Hermione.

"All I did was walk out of a pompous teacher's classroom. Not like he can do anything."

"You have detention all next week." She informed me.

"Meh. Who cares. He's just making me do stuff in his store cabinets. Rearranging shelves."

"You're insane, mate!" Ron came up on the other side of Hermione. He'd been acting a bit strangely around me lately, I was glad it was done with.

"I don't like bullies." I had walked out because Snape was bullying a tiny 5th year boy who had been smart enough to get into a class of all 7th and 8th years.

"Me neither." Harry said, his face showing no emotion towards me. While Ron had dropped whatever problem they had with me, Harry had not, and often shot me dirty looks.

"Well, time for Divination. I think Trelawney is back." The Divination teacher had been sick for the past week.

"See you later." Hermione walked off. I'd gotten enough out of her to know she HATED Divination and the woman teaching it.

"Bye, Mione!"

"How are you such good friends with her?" Ron asked. I knew he was dating the daughter of Athena, and held up a hand in surrender.

"Don't worry, R, I'm not gonna steal your girl. Dating someone already, remember? I've known her since I was 12."

"Oh."

"Speaking of your girl, isn't she coming today?" Draco asked, falling in step with me and ignoring the two Gryffindor boys.

"Tomorrow." I started bouncing up and down.

"Calm down, Lover boy." Draco grinned.

"I don't wanna!"

"Whatever. Later Perce. Don't cause any explosions." The blond son of Nemesis walked off.

---------------------------------------

Harry POV
We waited outside the old bat's classroom. When the silver ladder finally drifted down, we climbed it quietly and sat around the classroom. I watched Percy, trying not to let him catch me observing him.

As usual, Percy gagged slightly at the smell of incense. I heard him mutter something about a "love freak." He'd done this several times this week.

"Hello class, I am back. Fate has allowed me to return to you to teach."

Percy snorted.

"Ah, a new student. What is your name, child?" Trelawney stepped out of the shadows. Percy struggled to hold back another snort of laughter.

"Percy Jackson."

"Beware, young Jackson, your death will come by the ocean." Huh. Usually I was the one to get death threats. Kind of refreshing actually.

Percy let out a sharp bark of laughter. "Yeah right. You're a fraud, lady. You couldn't predict something if you'd been blessed by Apollo himself." He stood and excused himself from the class.

I frowned. Apollo?

Neville made an annoyed noise. "Seaweed Brain." He muttered.

[A/N I brought Snape back because I want Nico to have conflict with him. And because I can. MWAHAHAHAHA! Anyway, enjoy this chapter, where Percy walks out of two classes in one day!]