I Just Want To Be Left Alone

Percy POV

"Can you fix it?" I demanded.

Apollo held his hands up in a placating gesture. "I can't tell how it was inflicted if she doesn't let us near her. And she's not going to because she seems to think we are the enemy."

I turned to Annabeth pleadingly. "Wise Girl, it's me. Please tell me you recognize me."

She narrowed her eyes at me. "Don't you dare call me that. Only Percy can call me that."

I felt my eyes tear up, but forced them back down. "I am Percy."

"That's a dirty lie!" She shouted at me.

I groaned and flopped onto the bed behind me. "Apollo, what do we do?"

"Like I said, I can't examine her unless I get close to her!" He exclaimed. "Father drastically decreased my powers after the whole oracle/war fiasco. Before this I would have been able to easily see how to fix it, but now...." He made a helpless gesture.

"Gods I hate the Fates." I muttered. "Two wars, now a third. I've been through hell and back, I've lost more friends than I care to count, I've faced prejudice and hate, and now my girlfriend thinks I'm some evil person who's trying to kill her!"

"Don't say that so loud, they're very powerful." Apollo warned.

"I don't care!" I shouted. "I hate them! They've made my life misery and they probably think it's hilarious, the pain I'm going through right now!"

"Percy, please-"

"Shut up!" I shouted at him. "Nothing you say is going to change my feelings!"

Footsteps pounded in the hall outside and several of the demigods burst into the room, Draco at the head. "We heard shouting, what's wrong?" He asked.

Before I could answer, Annabeth lunged forward. At first I thought she was going to attack him, but she latched her arms around his neck and hugged him.

"Percy!"

Draco froze. 'What the Hades is she on about?' He mouthed.

"She's under heavy hallucinations, she thinks that Percy and I are the enemy. Apparently she thinks you are Percy." Apollo explained.

Draco nodded. "Um, okay."

"If you can get her to let me examine her, I might be able to fix it." Apollo offered.

Draco nodded nervously, glancing at me. I sighed and waved a hand at him, showing him it was okay.

"Annabeth," he took her shoulders and firmly but gently held her facing him. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm fine, Seaweed Brain." Annabeth laughed, waving a hand. "I knew you'd come for me."

It hurt to hear her call someone else by that name, but I reminded myself that it was just the hallucination and she thought he was me.

"Uh, yeah, of course I did." Draco said, smiling awkwardly. Apollo snuck up behind Annabeth and put his hands above her head. He frowned for a few seconds, then nodded to Draco.

"Take her over to one of the beds and get her comfortable, I found the problem and I'll fix it once I know she won't hurt herself since she'll most likely pass out from the procedure." He told Draco.

"Alright." Draco took Annabeth's hand and led her to one of the beds. "Annie, I need you to lie down for a few minutes."

"Why?" She frowned at him. "Seaweed Brain, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, we just think you may have hit your head and we're going to have a healer check you." Draco promised.

"Alright..." Annabeth said slowly, sitting down on the bed. Draco guided her to lay down fully, then Apollo stepped forward and laid his hand on her forehead.

After a few moments of tense silence, Annabeth's eyes rolled back in her head and she slumped flat against the cot.

"She should be back to normal once she wakes up." Apollo promised. "Her physical injuries can be fixed easily, a little bit of ambrosia and nectar. I've got to go, Zeus doesn't want us interfering much at the moment."

He began to glow brightly and we covered our eyes to save ourselves from vaporization.

I stood up once he was gone. "I'm going to clear my head."

--------------------------------------

Draco found me first, sitting on top of the Astronomy Tower.

"Percy, are you okay?" He asked quietly.

I debated lying, then sighed and shook my head. "No."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"Not particularly."

He nodded and sat next to me silently for a few minutes.

"I wanted to make sure you knew that I'm not into Annabeth anymore. We dated a long time ago, it was only two weeks and before you even got to camp. I felt super awkward in that entire situation and I've moved on, I'm not going to try and steal her-"

"Drake." I stopped him. "I understand. It's not your fault. It's most likely Voldemort's fault, which is just adding to the list of reasons I want him dead."

Draco nodded. "We all do."

We sat and stared out over the grounds as the sun rose over the trees.

"Why? Why me? I just want to be left alone." I said quietly.

Draco shrugged, but I already knew he didn't know why. He didn't say anything, just sat there and kept me company.

[A/N cranking out chapters like a machine.... ACT was today so I've been up since 6 am which makes me question why I'm so awake now at 1 am-ish....whelp]