I Think We All Need A Nap

Percy spent the rest of the war in the infirmary, at Annabeth's insistence. Still shaken up from his fight with Kronos (and the realization that eventually hit him that it really was inevitable, despite what he'd said), and more than a little distracted with the motherly instincts Annabeth had shown, he agreed with only a little bit of complaining.

He also found out that somehow, when he'd passed out, he'd severely fractured his leg. Madam Pomfrey had been very reluctant to use magic on him once he'd had ambrosia, so she'd carefully set it the muggle way and summoned him a set of crutches to use.

Percy hobbled his way into the Great Hall the morning after he'd been released and was met with cheers. He winced sharply, but offered a wave before making his way slowly over to the demigods table.

"So are you all going home then, if we won this?" Ginny was asking as he maneuvered his way into a chair.

Annabeth nodded, poking at her food. After a moment, he realized she was picking peppers out of the breakfast scramble on her plate. He chuckled and reached over with his fork to spear a couple of them.

"You're so gross." She complained. "How am I supposed to kiss you now?"

"The same way you always do because I eat a lot of things you don't like?" Percy suggested with a grin.

Someone began to shout from the Entrance Hall.

Percy looked up as the doors burst open. Harry Potter was running at him, full tilt. Several students and a few professors followed him.

"You left me there?!"

"Not intentionally." Percy shrugged. "I woke up three days early. I couldn't figure out how to get you out so I figured I'd do some good here."

"He got stabbed for his trouble, but I'd say he managed that." Ginny put in.

Harry crossed his arms. "I would literally rather fight in another war than endure the company of that woman who woke me up again."

Percy muffled a snort. Nico was not so successful.

"So you met my step-mother?"

"The woman with the coily hair all piled up on top of her head?"

"Sounds like Persephone." Nico quipped. "She's a real gem, that one."

"Isn't she the one who decides the worst punishments in the Underworld?" Draco asked suddenly.

"Yep." Nico said, sounding uncharacteristically cheerful.

"And you're insulting her?"

"Yep."

You're not worried about her trying to get to you when you die?" Hermione asked.

Nico's smile dropped and he looked at her, expression flat.

"I wish she would."

"Alright, Edgelord." Piper rolled her eyes. She was a little subdued, but Percy knew they all would be for a couple days.

Or months. Who knew anymore? He was pretty sure every camper that had seen combat had some form of PTSD and that kind of thing never went away fully.

Nico shot her a death-glare, then smiled a little. "I never really had the traditional emo phase."

"You're too old for something like that." Hazel teased.

"If anyone could get the title of 'World's Oldest Emo,' you know it would be Nico." Jason chuckled.

"And I can still outfight you, outrun you, and out-negotiate you." Nico shot back.

Percy smiled softly to himself. At least they all had each other in this. He wondered if it was some sort of survivor's strategy that they unconsciously bonded together after a fight like the one they'd went to.

He noticed that Harry had subsided, sitting next to Ron at the Gryffindor table. The redhead seemed ecstatic to see him again.

"Seaweed Brain, you okay?" Annabeth asked suddenly.

He looked up, realizing the others at the table were staring at him too. He sighed and rubbed a hand over his face.

"I want to go home- like, Mom and Paul's apartment home, not Camp Half-Blood home- and fall asleep on the couch with my baby sister on my chest with the TV on. You know? I just want to relax."

Annabeth leaned over, resting her head on Percy's shoulder. "Gods, that sounds amazing." She said quietly. The others nodded their agreement.

"Well, maybe not at Sally's apartment, because as much as I know she loves us, it would not end well to have all those demigods in the same place." Leo snickered.

Percy chuckled and nodded. "Yeah, probably not. Although she'd certainly make due."