The Time Has Come

Third Person POV

Percy checked the cage again. The creature inside snarled at him as he walked around the Celestial Bronze and Imperial Gold enclosure.

"Oh hush." He snapped, tossing a blanket over the cage to muffle the sounds.

Soon students began to enter the room.

"What are we doing today, Percy?" Ginny asked.

Percy winked at her. "I've got a special treat."

"Percy...is that what I think it is?" Luna asked slowly, pointing at the cage which still had quiet snarls coming from it.

"Yes. I want to know how they react to spells. I'll be ready to stop it if it decides to do something dangerous."

Luna nodded nervously.

"Alright, class, today we're going to look at what I've been teaching you to defend yourself against. I picked a rather harmless one," Louder snarls that he ignored sounded from the cage. "And if it gets out of hand, I will stop it. I just want to see the way it reacts to spells."

He pulled the blanket off the caged and two girls screamed.

"A telkhine?" Luna asked.

"Yes. They're more harmless here on land, that's why I chose them. They are intelligent, but they're still beasts."

"Speak for yourself." The dog-seal-creature hissed.

"At least I don't do stupid things like attack children who can defend themselves against things like those flippers." Percy responded.

"Ah but we attack together." The creature's lips curled into a sneering semblance of a smile. "As you will soon see."

Percy began to turn back to the class, then froze. "No. You can't-"

The dog took a long sniffing breath. "My brothers draw near."

Percy whirled and and slid Riptide between the slats of the cage. The telkhine yelped in pain before dissolving.

Ignoring the class, Percy drew water from the fountain and tossed a drachma in. "Fleecy, do me a solid and show me Annabeth."

As soon as the image solidified, Percy began to speak. "They're here. Get the others and meet me outside."

"Percy-" He slashed a hand through the message.

"What was that?" A Ravenclaw girl asked.

"Ginny, Luna, Clarisse, Will, let's go." Percy ignored the question and ran out of the room.

Ginny and Luna exchanged glances before sprinting after him, Clarisse and Will hot on their heels.

-----------------------

Harry POV

Binns class started out normal.

I was almost asleep from boredom when someone gasped loudly.

Forcing myself fully awake, I looked over to where the noise had come from.

Annabeth, Piper and the rest of the exchange students plus Neville and Hermione were staring at a strange mist that was forming.

The picture solidified to show Jackson standing in front of Ginny's DADA class.

"They're here. Get the others and meet me outside."

"Percy-" Annabeth started, but the image dissolved.

"We've got to get out there." Jason said.

"But we're in the middle of a class." Hermione argued.

"Let's just go, Percy said to get the others." Piper hissed.

"He's got Ginny, Luna and his helpers. We need Nico, Hazel, Frank and Drake." Leo said, serious for the first time since I'd met him.

"Just go!" Piper snapped, standing.

"Miss-"

"Shut up and let us leave." She ordered.

Binns blinked in surprise and the exchange students began to leave, not waiting for an answer to their friend's demand.

"Neville, where are you going?" Ron asked.

He didn't get an answer. Curious, I grabbed my things and began to follow them.

Behind me I heard the chaos of Binns trying to continue class while the students left.

----------------------

Nico POV

I was sitting Transfiguration when it happened.

"Professor!" Annabeth burst into the room.

"Miss Chase, do you have a reason to be interrupting my class?"

"It's happened. We need Nico, Frank, Hazel and Draco."

I jumped up, leaving my things and slapping a hand to my side to make sure my sword was there.

"Go." McGonagall said calmly.

"Percy said the students can watch." Annabeth added before pivoting and disappearing through the door. Hazel and I took off, hearing Frank and Draco behind us.

------------------------

Third Person POV

The demigods met up in the entrance hall.

"How do you know it's happening?" Hermione asked Percy.

"I brought a telkhine to class to see how they react to spells. It kept saying how I would soon see how they attacked. Then it said that it's brothers were near." Percy explained. He was in partial armor, probably not having had time to grab any more.

"Everyone get your stuff on, we need to be ready for whatever is out there." Annabeth ordered, grabbing her breastplate from the pile of armor at her feet.

The others began to suit up as well.

"What's going on?" A familiar voice asked. Jason's fists clenched around the guard he was strapping to his forearm.

"Ignore him." Ginny said quietly as Luna helped her with the set of armor that Percy had gotten for her.

"I've contacted the gods, they're going to send some help but not much." Thalia said, checking her quiver.

Percy nodded and inspected his team.

"Let's do this."

[A/N the first battle is almost here!]