Wise Girl?!

Percy POV

I started to get worried after 15 minutes.

Annabeth had said she was just going to the bathroom. It shouldn't have taken her this long.

Where was she?

I began to weave through the crowd, making y way towards the doors of the Great Hall. With each step my throat tightened and my heart beat faster.

Had something happened to my Wise Girl?

Seeing Hazel up ahead, I surged forward and grabbed her and Frank, pulling them close to me.

"Have you seen Annabeth?!" I shouted over the loud music and noise.

Hazel shook her head.

"I saw her heading out of the Hall a few minutes ago." Frank offered.

"How long ago is 'a few minutes?'" Percy demanded.

"At least a song?" Frank shrugged. "Sorry man, I wasn't really paying attention to the time. Is something wrong?"

"I don't know yet." I muttered, my gut twisting nervously.

Breaking free from the mass of bodies, I did a quick search of the Entrance Hall, then went in search of the nearest girls' bathroom.

Nothing.

No one had seen my Wise Girl, and there was no trace of her.

"Don't panic, Percy," I told myself, "Maybe she went inside again and you missed her."

Pushing my way back into the hall, I circled the dance floor, looking for those familiar blonde princess curls.

"Have you seen Annabeth?" I asked each demigod he came across.

"Nope."

"Sorry, haven't seen her."

"I didn't, you need her?"

"Sorry bro, didn't see her."

Every response was a negative. Annabeth didn't seem to be in the castle at all any more.

Now I was really panicking. My Wise Girl was good in a fight, had someone snuck up on her? That seemed to be the only explanation, there was no sign of her anywhere.

I had a trail of demigods following me, most of them having figured out that something was wrong.

"No one's seen my Wise Girl?" I double-checked with all of them.

The answer was no.

"Okay, we need to find Annabeth. Greeks, go check the bathrooms on various floors. Pair up, one person who's been here for a while and one who hasn't.

"Hazel, Frank, can you go check the Slytherin common room? I'm not taking any chances. Emmy, don't go with the other Greeks, grab Nico and check the Ravenclaw dorms. She's smart, she could definitely get in.

"Jason, take one of the Roman girls and go check the Gryffindor common room and dorms. The rest of you Romans, help me search the Great Hall again. Everyone know what they're doing?" I received nods from all sides. "Okay, go."

We scattered, demigods streaming in every direction to try and find my girlfriend. Jason pulled Reyna off to check the Gryffindor rooms and I quickly paired up the Romans that were left with me. We looped around the dance floor, slowly tightening our circle so we could check everything and be sure we didn't miss anything.

Still no sign of my Wise Girl.

One by one the searchers started returning. Jason and Reyna reappeared first, shaking their heads at me. They hadn't found anything.

Nico and Emmy reappeared. I didn't even have to ask, the look on Emmy's face told me that they hadn't found a thing.

The searchers from the bathrooms started turning up, each showing negative results.

Finally Frank and Hazel appeared, leaving Piper and Connor Stoll the only two who hadn't returned.

"Do you think they found something?" Travis asked, scanning the crowd for his brother.

"Gods, I hope so." I muttered, biting my lip nervously.

"There they are!" Aidan exclaimed, pointing to two familiar figures shoving their way through the crowd frantically.

"Did you find something?" I asked them.

"Kind of. We found this." Piper held up a small band.

"My promise ring." I breathed. "Annabeth."

The world seemed to crash down around me when Piper placed the ring in my hand. "There was no sign of her where we found it."

I backed up, leaning against the wall and taking deep breaths.

"Percy, you okay?" Leo asked.

Piper glared at him. "Do you think he's okay? His girlfriend is missing, disappeared with only a tiny object as his clue!"

"Okay, okay, gods, Pipes, you don't need to bite my head off!" The Latino exclaimed.

"Percy?" Calypso asked carefully. "Percy, talk to us."

I shook my head hard, tears forming in my eyes.

She was gone.

My Annabeth, disappeared without a trace.

"Percy, say something." Hazel said.

"I have to find her."

[A/N panicky Percy! Hope you enjoy!]