Awful Energy

Third Person POV

Piper quickly took control of the situation. 

"Percy, stay here. We need to figure out a plan, find out who could have taken her. Let's go."

"Where are we going?" Leo asked.

"Well Hermione and Ginny are going to tell McGonagall that Annabeth's missing and then they're going to meet the rest of us at the Room of Requirement."

The two girls nodded and ran off, trying to find the Headmistress. 

"Let's go." Piper forcibly grabbed Percy to keep him with her and marched out of the hall. By now people had started to notice the group of exchange students and foreigners not having fun. Some tried to ask what was wrong, most just watched them apprehensively.

"Bloody hell mate, what's eating them?" Ron asked Harry. 

"No clue." The black haired boy seemed to be slightly winded, but Ron didn't bother ask. Harry had probably been dancing with someone.

Piper lead the way to the Room of Requirement and they all filed in. She busied herself trying to calm Percy down while the others talked about who could have gotten the better of Annabeth.

Hermione and Ginny let themselves in a few minutes later.

"McGonagall is conducting a schoolwide search with the teachers. None of the students have been told yet, but I think a few have figured out what's going on."

"She can't be far, I noticed after a few minutes!" Percy said. He was shaking, possibly reliving some horrible memories.

"We know, Percy. It's not your fault." Piper's eyes were hard chips of ice, almost completely blue.

"We can question the students." Luna offered.

"Where do we start though? There's hundreds of students here!" Connor pointed out.

"We start with the first kids we find." Percy said, suddenly calm. He was livid, they could tell, but strangely calm, which scared most of the people in the room more than when he had been freaking out and panicking.

"I agree." Frank said.

"So you're just going to interrogate the entire school? That will take forever!" Travis exclaimed.

"Not if we pair up and scare them enough for them to talk." Reyna spoke up. "They're plenty terrified of us already. Piper can jump between groups where there are particularly unhelpful kids and use her charmspeak to find out what they're hiding."

"Good idea. Let's start now." Percy growled.

"Why now?" Leila asked.

"No one has time to prepare a story. We get to them now before they can hide anything."  

"Let's go." Piper said. The entire group was mixed emotions, but no one had a problem with what they were about to do.

One of their own had been taken.

And they were going to get her back.

--------------------------------

Annabeth woke up shackled to a stake that had been stabbed into wet, cold ground.

She immediately started shaking, which informed her that she had been out here for a while.

"Scum's awake." Something nearby sneered.

"Scum, scum, scum! Scummy yummy demigod!" A second voice cackled.

Harpy. Annabeth realized, recognizing the scratchy voice as one of the demon bird women.

"We can't eat her yet, can we?" The harpy's voice asked.

"Unfortunately no." The first voice responded. "Oh how I'd love to though. She looks so juicy...."

She still couldn't pinpoint the voice that was there.

"Show yourself, cowards." She snapped.

"Showin' ourselves, no thanks! No thanks no thanks no thanks not today!" The harpy cackled again.

"Gods, you're annoying." The daughter of Athena muttered.

"My darling girl, that's no way to speak to your generous captors." A hissing voice that she sort of recognized hissed from the shadows.

"You and I have very different definitions of the word 'generous,' you know." She replied.

"Oh he said you were a smart one, but he never mentioned the sarcasm." The voice chuckled, a hoarse, cracking sound.

"Comes from hanging out with my boyfriend and his cousins." Annabeth retorted.

"Bringing out the boyfriend card so early are we?" The voice asked, a teasing note to it that infuriated the blonde chained to the ground.

"You misunderstand me. I never said my boyfriend would kill you. I am perfectly capable of doing so, just wait. My point is that you should wish I kill you rather than him."

A new voice joined the conversation.

"But my dear, if he can't find your body, how will he kill us?"

Annabeth's body went stiff with anger. She remembered that voice. The voice from her childhood, one of her best friends.

"You are the lowest scum of the earth." She spat in the general direction of the new voice.

"Annie, that hurts." Kronos stepped into view, looking like Luke. "After everything we've been through together!"

"You aren't him. I'm going to kill you for making him the villain again!" She growled, wrenching at her chains and trying to find a way to get free.

"That won't be happening. You'll be dead tomorrow." Kronos grinned at her, stretching Luke's scar.

"But until then," The hissing voice said, right next to her ear, "Good night. Stupefy."

[A/N DUN DUN DUN!]