9

Y/N POV

Me and Bang Chan left the cell and went through the maze like hallways, to get back to the main part of the mansion. With each step I took away from the cell, I felt a bit of stress and nervousness disappear. It felt like someone lifted a great weight from my chest and I could finally breathe.

At this moment I was pretty thankful for Bang Chan, because I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to find my way back. While we were walking into for me unknown part of the mansion I looked out of the windows and noticed, that the sun was long time ago hight in the sky. What time is it? I wondered.

The meeting between Bang Chan and the other gang's leader was at 7am. Now, it  looks like it's around 1 or maybe even  2pm. 

"Hey, Bang Chan, for how long have I been unconscious?" I asked him and stopped for a while.

"I'm not sure, for a few hours I guess. Why?" he asked and looked at me.

"Just because." I answered. But it wasn't true. Aera must have been worried sick for me, by this time. I need to get this over with quickly and tell her, that I'm okay.

After this we walked a little more and then a  door appeared in front of us. Bang Chan opened them and gestured me to come in.

"Welcome in my office. Here's where I work most of the time." He said and pulled out a chair for me.

"Thanks." I said bluntly. There's no reason to try to make an impression on me. You already locked me in your basement, I thought to myself.

After I sat down, he sat behind his desk. He opened of of his table drawers and looked for something.

"Ah, here it is!" he said after a few seconds of intensive searching.

He pulled out a small pile of papers and put them in front of me.

I looked at the papers and then at him again.

"Employment contract?" I said with a raised eyebrow.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked genuinely confused. He doesn't truly believe that after this small conversation of ours in the prison cell I understood him and want to join him, does he?

"Listen to me first." He said and waited for me to nod in agreement.

"Okay, I'm listening. You better be hella persuasive." I said and waited for him to start.

"Back there in the cell, when we talked" he said but i interrupted him quickly.

"Hey, listen, we had a nice chat, I agree with that. But it was just that, just a chat. Just a silence before a storm. I still don't agree with what you're doing." I said and hoped, that this truly wasn't his plan.

"You're pretty impatient, aren't you?" he said with a smirk.

"Huh, what do you mean by that?" I asked. I was confused. What's on his mind? I really couldn't tell.

"I told you to listen to me first, haven't I?" he asked and I just nodded.

"Will you listen to me this time? Without interrupting me?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

I opened my mouth but closed it back quickly and just simply nodded instead of saying anything.

Bang Chan seemed amused by what I did and let out a small chuckle.

"Good girl. You learn fast." he said while we shared intense eye contact.

My heart started to beat faster and I could feel my cheeks turning red. I quickly looked away and tried to calm myself down.

What the heck? Calm yourself down right now! You'll look lamentably. I said to myself and pulled myself together quickly. 

When I looked up again, he was going through the papers. Good, he haven't noticed.

"When I talked to you in the cell, I found out one thing. You were willing to listen to me. Truly listen to me and you even tried to look at things from my point of view. It's been a while since I've seen so opened person like you."he said and waited for my reaction. I just slightly nodded  to let him know, that he can continue.

"Let's make a deal. Become my employee for the next three months. In these three months, I'll try to convince you not to hand out any of the evidence to the police or publish it." He said and looked at me.

"What I'll gain from it?" I asked him.

"That's when the best part comes." He said mysteriously.

"This whole time, while being my employee, you'll have access to everything. To this whole mansion. My office. Our garage. You'll even join us for some of our deals. And you'll be able to document whole this. Tell me, isn't it tempting?" he said and looked at me.

"So, what's the catch?" I asked him with a smile. I wasn't that stupid. I knew there's gotta be something.

"There's none." he said.

"You're taking a great risk, you know that?" I asked him with a smirk. There's no way he'll actually do something like this. It's way too risky.

"I'm not taking any risk. I'll persuade you. I'm positive." he said and smiled at me.

"Pretty confident, are we? Well, I guess we'll have to wait for the outcome. I'm not gonna make it easy for you." I said with a confidence in my voice.

"I'm aware of that." he said still smiling.

If is true what he's saying, then this is once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. And HE knows it. He knows, that I can't say no to that. But he has underestimated me once again. 

We'll see, who'll win this battle.

"Then, if you're saying the truth, I think we have a deal." I said and reached out my hand to him.

"I'm glad to hear that" he said with a smirk and than we shook our hands.

"I'll get Minho. He'll write a new employment contract that will be more suitable for this situation. Then you can read it and ad your condicions. Is that okay with you?" he said and stood up from the table.

"Sure. That sounds great." I said and watched him.

"It might take a while, so, make yourself at home in the meantime." he said and left the room.

I was dazed for a while. Did that really just happened? I couldn't believe that. He's either the stupidest mafia boss or has ace up his sleeve. Whatever it is, I'll find out.

But for now, i guess I can relax for a while. I sat comfortably in the chair and waited. A while later I could feel how my lids were getting heavy.

"Damn, I'm so tired. I could use some rest" I said and exhaled exhaustedly.

"You know what, he said make yourself at home. So I'm gonna. I bet he wouldn't mind, if I laid my head on the table for a bit. Just a few minutes." I said and did so.

And while doing so, I could feel myself drifting off to sleep. Until I fell asleep completely.