52

Y/N POV

"I think we nailed it, don't you think?" I exclaimed happily while we were driving back to the mansion.

"Yeah, I think so too. But I gotta say, I didn't expect you to be this good. You literally saved my ass back there. I wouldn't had noticed, that the money were fake." Hyunjin said with a thankful expression on his face.

"No big deal. I've done stuff like this before. I know I might not seem like it, but my job is really different from just a regular reporter." I said with a confidence and a smile on my face.

"I don't doubt it now." said Hyunjin with a little laugh, but as soon as we were pulling up in the driveway his expression changed. He furrowed his eyebrows and had unwelcoming expression.

"What's going on? You alright?" I asked as soon as I noticed the change.

"We have unwelcome guest." he said and gestured towards car, that was parked nearby.

Now that I think about it, I've never seen it before. On the outside, it looked like any other of their car. Black car with a tinted windows, so the one standing outside couldn't see through to the inside of the car. But now looking at it, I noticed, that it was totally different model of a car compared to the ones I've seen.

"Who is it?" I asked and looked confused at Hyunjin.

"I don't know exactly. But it's someone from gang Hyun for sure." said Hyunjin and clenched his jaw as we got out of the car.

"Gang Hyun? What are they doing here? I thought they were your enemies or something. Aren't you guys competing between each other?" I asked with a maximum of my confusion while we were walking towards the entrance door.

Since my relationship with Bang Chan I gave up on writing an article about the gang Stray Kids and started to write one about the gang Hyun. True, I didn't have much time since the guys were training me, but still.

I was able to dig something up. And if I got something clear from the little that I know so far, I understood, that these two gangs were each other's nemesis. 

Disappearance or destroying the other gang would mean total domination and gaining of the absolute power over the, not just Seoul's, but also the whole Korea's underworld.

So what are they doing here? Are they here to destroy us once and for all? What exactly is going on?

"It's hard to find a definition for our gang's relationship. Yeah, on one hand we are the ultimate enemies. We are competing with each other in the underworld. On the other hand, you're smart enough to understand what would it mean." Hyunjin started and stopped in front of the door.

"Becoming enemies as such, would mean a total war in the underworld. It would mean dozens of deads. It would mean a hell not just for the underworld, but also for all the normaly living people."Hyunjin continued and I just listened to him.

I can't even imagine something like this. I don't even want to.

"It also wouldn't be good for the business and stuff, so the big boss JYP and Hyun's big boss Dae decided to make a peace and coexist together." Hyunjin said and looked at me with an anxious face.

"Oh, that's quite good, isn't it?" I asked confused and smiled slightly.

"I guess so." Hyunjin nodded.

"So, what are they doing here then?" I asked.

"I don't know that either.  They come only for two reasons. Either they're here to discuss new conditions for our business cooperation or they're here because of the ultimate peace deal shit." said Hyunjin with an angered face.

"Ultimate peace deal?" I asked. I was given so many new informations and I tried to let them sink in. Why no one told me about this before? 

Like, helloooo, don't you think these are quite important information? How am I supposed to work here without them? Haven't Chan promised me to give me as many information about gang Hyun as he can? I'm writing an article about them, how am I supposed to do that without this? 

We're gonna have serious talk about that later, Chan.

"The two agreed on uniting our gangs. We will still work separately but we will help each other and of course our income will double and stuff. There's a tons of advantages for both sides." said Hyunjin and took a deep breath.

"That, sounds pretty great,doesn't it? I mean, for you guys. Not for the police and others, but you know, who cares?" I said and tried to laugh a little bit. I really thought that these were some good news, but the way Hyunjin behaved made me nervous and anxious.

"There's only one problem. Both of the sides are afraid that they will be betrayed and overthrown by the other side. So they came up with a plan, an insurance, that will make it impossible." started Hyunjin and looked into my eyes.

"Okay, and what is this plan? You're really scaring me now, Hyunjin. Start behaving as yourself again, please. I don't know how much longer I can survive you being this serious." I laughed a little bit.

"You will find out soon, now that you're one of us." Hyunjin said and opened the door and I just anxiously watched him.

"I'm really sorry, y/n." he said and then we finally entered the mansion.