(Season 2) Chapter 8

Previously on Ninjago:

Their faces were so close to each other, their noses almost touching and Lloyd's lips hovering right above (Y/N)'s. They noticed that each of the other's face was red. They slowly pulled away from each other, Lloyd awkwardly clearing his throat and (Y/N) shuffling her feet.

They suddenly noticed the other Ninja without their masks and smirks on their faces.

"What?" (Y/N) said, trying to force down her blush.

"SHIP!" Jay squealed.

"Shut up, Jay!" Lloyd snapped.

(Y/N) pulled her mask over her face again, covering her once again blushing face.

Oh my god, she thought. These idiots are never gonna let us live this down.

***

The Last Hope - Part 1

Dr. Julien repaired the Falcon and Lloyd and (Y/N) watched him do so. He wore a pair of huge goggles and Lloyd and (Y/N) almost laughed when he first put them on because they looked so goofy.

Lloyd stood beside (Y/N) as she leaned her chin on her hands and watched Dr. Julien work his magic.

"Every cog, every gear is important. If one piece is missing, or out of place, the invention won't work," Dr. Julien explained as he finally closed the panel of the Falcon and it got up. "Come now, little one. Time to fly." He ushered it into the air and the Falcon flew off.

(Y/N) smiled. Zane would be ecstatic to see him.

"It is like you ninja," Wu said as he walked over to them. "You each serve very important roles, and are key parts to a magnificent fighting force." 

"If we're all gears," Lloyd began, turning to his uncle. "What if I'm the gear that doesn't work? What if I don't do my part? What if I can't defeat my father?" He looked so upset just at the thought of it.

(Y/N) sighed, straightening up from her position. "Oh, Lloyd," I said. "What if there are no more 'What-ifs'?" He looked at her thoughtfully.

"The Final Battle is almost upon us." Master Wu said. "When that time comes, we will know the answer to what ifs whether we like it or not."

"I know you don't want to face your father," Nya said as she walked over to them. "But there is no other choice." (Y/N) could suddenly feel the Water Elemental Aura emitting from her again.

"But perhaps there is," Misako said, walking over to them with yet another scroll in her hands. "I used to think it was inevitable, but then I found this." She put the scroll down on the table.

"You mean Lloyd doesn't have to fight? This I gotta hear."

Cole said as he and the other three Ninja headed over to them, all 4 of them in their swimming suits. Apparently, they wanted to cool off at the beach.

"The scrolls say that when the Helmet of Darkness is bequeathed to its rightful ruler," Misako explained as she opened the scroll. "The Celestial Clock will count down to the activation of an unspeakable weapon. The first sign that the Final Battle between good and evil has begun."

"Did you just say 'unspeakable weapon?'" Kai asked as they neared the others.

"Uh, I'm still stuck on what "bequeathed" means," Jay spoke up.

"Go on, Misako. Don't let us interrupt you," Cole said. "How do we stop the Final Battle?"

"There is nothing here that explains what would happen if the Helmet of Darkness is returned," Misako continued.