(Season 4) Chapter 34

(Y/N) shook her head at him in amusement. "Second of all," she said. "I think I'm going to head back."

This caused him to frown at her. "Why?"

"I just think that maybe I should give you all some guys' time?" she said with a small smile. Lloyd scratched the back of his head and she realized that he was nervous. "Ok, out with it, what's wrong?" she asked.

"(Y/N)," he said softly. "You're my moral support and my best friend. I don't think I can talk to them without you. Besides, they'll have my head once they realize I tricked them."

She laughed and took his hands in hers. "Stop worrying," she reassured. "You'll be fine and I'm confident that you'll get through to them." She leaned forward and pressed a quick kiss to his cheek, causing his face to turn red. "Tell me everything when you get back, okay?" She released his hands and began to walk away with a stupid smile on her face.

She loved the effect that she had on him.

***

The Invitation - Part 2

***With le four idiots***

"How can you walk away from this?" Lloyd asked with a small smile on his face as the Ninja just put a stop to the three thugs that had entered Chen's Noodle House.

Said thugs were now running away from the back door, the last one briefly smirking at the Ninja before they left.

"Hey!" Cole exclaimed. "Let's get them, guys!"

They all sprinted after the thugs and ended up in a closed alley, seeing no sign of the convicts as they looked around.

"Oh, where did they go?" Kai grumbled, his eyes landing on something at the end of the alley.

"Huh?"

They walked over to a table with two cables on each end, fortune cookies between them and a picture of Zane above it, pinned to the wall with a dagger.

"What's this?" Lloyd mumbled, voicing everyone's thoughts.

"Uh..." Jay muttered, staring at the picture and too shocked to say anything.

"It's Zane," Kai gasped.

"No shit Sherlock," Jay muttered. "Is what (Y/N) would've said if she was here."

"What does it say?" Cole asked as Lloyd took off the page from the wall that had words written on it too.

A small smile began to form on Lloyd's face. "It says he's alive," he said slowly, causing the others to gasp in shock.

"I don't think those thugs were delivering a message to the Noodle House," Kai said. "I think they were delivering a message to us."

"What do you mean it says he's alive?" Jay questioned disbelievingly. I mean when someone tells you that your friend who you thought was dead, you would instantly deny it 'cause you saw him die in front of your very own eyes.

"Hey, I'm just telling you what it says," Lloyd said honestly.

"Why would these thugs lead us here?" Kai mumbled.

"You know, this has to be some cruel joke," Cole grumbled, placing his hands on his hips. "And I'm not laughing."

"Look." Lloyd pointed at the fortune cookies. "I think this was meant for us too."

"Fortune cookies?" Jay picked up one cookie. "Very peculiar."

"Should we?" Lloyd asked everyone.

However, before anybody could answer, Cole simply grabbed one and swallowed it whole while the others just gaped at him as he munched on it slowly.