(Season 4) Chapter 36

Previously on Ninjago:

(Y/N)'s skin tingled and she turned to face Lloyd with a raised eyebrow. He sighed as he looked back at her. "Promise me that you'll stay close?" he asked.

"Why?" she asked with a frown. "Is something wrong, Lloyd?" she gave his hand a comforting squeeze.

"Nothing," he answered quickly, averting her eyes. "Just promise, okay?"

"I promise," she said softly. "And for the record, you don't have to worry about me, greenie."

He rolled his eyes. "I hate it when you call me that."

"Why else do you think I do it?" she said with a chuckle.

***

Only One Can Remain - Part 1

"Look at that!" Cole pointed out in amazement at the main gates that were now visible to them.

"Awesome," Kai breathed out.

(Y/N), too, couldn't help but admire the structure in front of them. It was a green wall with a yellow dragon drawn on each side of the doors. There were rectangular orange lights at the top of the wall and a long blue banner with golden borders at the side of the double doors that came down from the top of the wall. There were stairs leading up to the doors and people dressed in red stood in rows on the sides of the door, performing what not to probably entertain them.

(Y/N) decided she liked the architecture better.

"Let me see." Karloff's grumbling voice broke her out of her admiration and she turned to see him knock into Kai.

Kai whirled around to face him and glowered. "Do you mind?" he seethed.

Aye, aye, aye.

Their glare contest broke off as the ferry finally came to a stop in front of the Island. Two men lowered the wooden plank across the water, connecting the boat with the Island. "Welcome to Chen's Island!" Clouse announced, walking across the plank and reaching the stone flooring. "The Tournament of Elements welcomes its brave fighters." He gestured to the seemingly huge structure in front of them and turned around in time to see Garmadon hopping off the plank. "Master Chen will be pleased you've returned, Sensei Garmadon." He said the last two words with spite, malice and a glare at Garmadon.

(Y/N) glared at him too as she hopped down from the plank and stood beside Garmadon, folding her arms. "The pleasure is all mine, Clouse," Garmadon said formally, clearly trying to ease the tension.

"I'm sure it is," Clouse mumbled and (Y/N) saw him briefly roll his eyes as he turned away from them.

"Definitely feeling some tension between you two," Jay said as he and Kai appeared behind them.

"No shit, Sherlock," (Y/N) muttered.

Jay smirked at Cole and Kai who grinned back. "I told you that's what she'd say!" he said.

She stared at them blankly. "Oh, I'm not even going to ask."

"Yeah," Kai added, still interrogating Garmadon. "And how is it we're on an island I've never seen on any map?"

Cole got in Garmadon's face. "And care to explain how the face of Ninjago's most popular noodle house is secretly assembling an underground fighting tournament?" he asked, wildly gesturing with his hands to their surroundings.

The other Elemental Masters began to get off the boat and (Y/N) briefly stepped aside to make way, meanwhile catching the orange-hooded girl staring at her. However, she quickly looked away when she saw (Y/N) suspiciously glaring at her.