(Season 4) Chapter 48

Previously on Ninjago:

(Y/N) was brought back to the present by Lloyd's shocked voice and her hands fell from the necklace she had subconsciously fiddled with.

"Mom thought that letter was from you!" Lloyd exclaimed after his dad.

Garmadon paused and turned around to face them. "As I've told you, there are things in my past I'm not proud of, but I have no regrets," he said. "You wouldn't be here otherwise. My fear of losing Misako controlled me and led me down a dangerous path. A path I hope to one day make peace with."

Lloyd turned to look at (Y/N). "You knew all this, didn't you?"

She smiled at him. "Guilty as charged."

***

Spellbound - Part 2

"And the Anacondrai generals were given the strictest sentence: banishment to the so that they will never set foot in again," Garmadon finally finished telling Lloyd the story of how he and Wu had fought together with the Elemental alliance to defeat Chen and the Anacondrai.

"Even after all this time, you never told Wu about your past with Chen?" Lloyd questioned his father, resting on a fallen log while (Y/N) looked around for more Samurai X symbols.

"What would I have said? I would have lost your mother, as well as my brother, not to mention-"

Lloyd cut him off, a smile on his face. "Someone once told me you need to control your fear, and not let fear control you."

"You're right," Garmadon hummed, smiling too as he placed a hand on Lloyd's shoulder. "Once we put all of this behind us, I'll make things right."

Lloyd's eyes flitted to (Y/N) ahead of them and his heart soared just looking at her. "Dad, do you think I should tell (Y/N)?" he muttered shyly.

Garmadon looked at Lloyd quizzically. "Tell her what?" he asked. "She already knows-"

"I was talking about my feelings for her, Dad," Lloyd groaned, embarassed.

"Ahh." Garmadon grinned. "Of course, you should. I wish to see the two of you together before I depart this world."

"Dad," Lloyd groaned, turning red.

"But first, we need to find Nya," Garmadon said. "Come on." And they both began to follow where (Y/N) was waving them over to.

***

Much to (Y/N)'s displeasure, night had fallen and they still hadn't found Nya. However, that was soon to change.

A figure crashed into Lloyd, causing him to swivel toward the figure. "Nya!" he exclaimed, his voice laced with relief.

"They took Jay!" she gasped, worried. "They took everyone!"

"Slow down, Nya," Garmadon said.

"You're the only one left, Lloyd," she said to him, handing him a piece of paper. "You two are the only ones who can stop it." She looked at (Y/N) and Lloyd.

"Stop what?" Lloyd asked confused as he opened the paper and (Y/N) and Garmadon looked over his shoulder.

It seemed like instructions for a spell... (Y/N) noticed.

"A transformation spell," Garmadon gasped in disbelief. "It can't be."

(Y/N)'s eyes widened in realization. It was the spell Skylor had told her about!