(Season 4) Chapter 43

Previously on Ninjago:

"And you can't tell the difference between the real me and fake me?!" (Y/N) hissed, now offended and mad.

"That's not what I meant, (Y/N)," he said. "It's just that I would trust you with my eyes closed."

(Y/N) blinked.

She wasn't expecting such cheesiness from him.

Lloyd grinned at her because he could clearly see her speechlessness.

"I hate you," she huffed, turning red as she ignored his victorious look.

***

Ninja Roll - Part 2

(Y/N) anxiously waited beside Garmadon near Chen's chair dais, waiting for the fighters to come out. Around them was a circular track, covered by shades and undoubtedly would be used for the skating challenge, whatever it was.

A ramp opened up in the red tracks and the Masters came out, followed by Kai at the end who almost fell while (Y/N) held her breath in anticipation.

Chen skated up to them from behind, a spotlight on him. (Y/N) swore that he was a massive attention seeker. "Welcome to my favorite event!" Chen greeted them cheerily. "Thunderblade!"

"Hey, I know this game," Griffin said. "It's just like-"

"No, it's not like that!" Chen cut him off harshly. "This is my game. I made it up! Fully original!"

Okayyy then...

He stood in front of them and pulled out a Jadeblade and grabbed a green helmet from pedestals along the track, throwing them toward Lloyd who caught them successfully. "A Jadeblade for you, Lloyd, Master of Power."

(Y/N) scoffed. The least he could do is get Lloyd's element right!

"And another for Chamille, Master of Form." He pulled out another Jadeblade, looking around for Chamille among the Masters. (Y/N) frowned upon not seeing her and noticed someone who was not a master standing beside Lloyd.

I'd like to see how long it takes Chen to figure it out.

"Where—Where are you?" Chen questioned, confused. (Y/N) had to stifle a laugh and Chamille finally revealed her real form to Chen. "Oh, there you are." He instantly threw her the Jadeblade and an orange helmet.

"Rules are simple," Chen said with a chuckle. "Each lap you complete with your blade in possession, a point." He gestured to a large scoreboard on top of the track with Lloyd's and Chamille's scores and a timer of 14 minutes between them. "Most points before time expires, you win."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa." Griffin interrupted. "What about us? Are we supposed to just stand here?"

Exactly what I was wondering, (Y/N) thought suspiciously. 

"You get to help anyone you wish, or hurt for that matter," Chen said nonchalantly. "You're free to choose sides. I'm not a dictator."

(Y/N) couldn't stop herself from rolling her eyes at the last statement. Oh, sure he wasn't a dictator.

However, she watched in horror as everyone began to take Chamille's side, grabbing orange helmets like her. Even her sister! Everyone except Kai and Jay, of course.

"Seems like the odds aren't in my son's favor this time," Garmadon said, his voice full of concern.

"Ya think?" (Y/N) mumbled.