(Season 4) Chapter 38

Previously on Ninjago:

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay," Chen said while his throne descended from the top once again and he sat back in it. "I guess this worked out for the best. This is goodbye!" He pushed a button on his chair and a trapdoor opened beneath Karlof, dropping him in.

(Y/N) gasped, her hands flying to her mouth in shock as Karlof's screams ran out.

Where did he go and what will happen to him?

"As you can see, lose and you are out," Chen continued as one of his men pulled Karlof's picture out of the tournament bracket. "Break any rule, you are out." The man crushed Karlof's picture into pieces. "Never bite the hand that feeds you Master Chen delicious noodles! Now rest up. Tomorrow the tournament will recommence."

(Y/N) had a really bad feeling about this.

***

Only One Can Remain - Part 3

(Y/N) pushed the food around on her plate, not in the mood to eat anything as she was still upset by basically everything that happened today. She sat in the seat against the wall in the same row as Garmadon and Jay with Garmadon sitting between Jay and her. On the other side of the booth, Lloyd sat directly across from her while Kai sat between him and Cole.

"At least the chow's good," Cole said, trying to lighten the mood.

"Arrgh, it's killing me," Jay groaned, giving up on finishing his drink. "What's under the trapdoor? What happens when you lose?"

"Don't think about that," Garmadon said positively.

"How could we not?" (Y/N) mumbled. "What if something bad happened to Karlof?"

"And it's all I can think about," Jay continued rambling. "I moved on. I feel guilty. These are not good feelings."

"You think you feel bad? Imagine how I feel," Kai said to Jay. "Our mission is simple. Tonight we find Zane and get off this crazy island."

"And just how are we supposed to do that?" Cole argued. "You heard Chen. Break a rule and we're out. He's not gonna let us roam around."

"Cole's right," (Y/N) said in agreement.

"Then it's a good thing we're ninja," Kai said confidently. "Meet me in my room at midnight."

Mr. Pale came over to their booth, carrying a tray of food. "You mind if I join you?" he asked.

"Disappear, pal!" Jay snapped at him. "This is private!" Mr. Pale quite literally disappeared using his Light powers but with his tray still there. "I know you're still here," Jay said with a sigh. "I can see your lunch tray."

Mr. Pale reappeared and then proceeded to walk away while Jay glared after him.

"Wow, Jay, you were really mean," Cole said.

"Yeah," (Y/N) added. "If you wanted to reject him then at least do it lightly."

"How am I supposed to know if we can trust him?" Jay hissed. "See what this island is doing to me? It's corrupting me! It has to stop. I'll see you tonight."

They all got up one by one and (Y/N) could tell that Lloyd wanted to talk to her because he had kept shooting her nervous glances the whole time.

"(Y/N), can we-" he began as they both began to walk toward our rooms since they were side by side.

"No." She cut him off curtly.

"But-"

She groaned and walked further ahead of him so he wouldn't attempt to talk to her again.