(Season 5) Chapter 61

Previously on Ninjago:

(Y/N) huffed. "They should be following me since I'm the Silver Ninja so I'm basically second-in-command," she grumbled to herself. "But no, they ignore me every single time."

"You know, he is the most logical choice," Cole said, agreeing with Jay.

(Y/N) lingered as Cole, Jay, and Zane turned around, Zane now leading the way. Kai scoffed, remaining fixed in his place stubbornly, causing (Y/N) to sigh.

"Well, I still think it's that way. And when I learn Airjitzu first, we'll see who's right." He had an air of arrogance about him but it didn't last long because his Walloper started following everyone else. "Aargh. Hey, no! This way! Ugh!" He put force on its horns, trying to steer it back to the path he wished to go but the Walloper was clearly stronger. "Ugh, fine. We'll follow Zane."

***

Ghost Story - Part 3

They rode for some time, Kai and (Y/N) now at the end, (Y/N) trying not to laugh as Kai grumbled the whole way.

She suddenly remembered something and turned to look at him with a serious look on his face. "Mind telling me why you were screaming in your dream?" she interrogated.

Kai's eyes widened and he turned to look at her. "Er, it's not important," he said, trying to get her off his back since he didn't want to talk about it.

(Y/N) narrowed her eyes. "It has something to do with Lloyd, doesn't it?" she said confidently.

Kai sighed in defeat. "Why are you so good at everything?" he grumbled.

She ignored his comment and instead softly said to him, "You can talk to me, Kai. I'm not going to make fun of you for being scared. It's perfectly normal to be worried for Lloyd. Heck, you don't know how hard I've been trying to not worry."

"I'm sorry," he said quietly. "I know you two just got together and I didn't think that this might be affecting you more than me."

"Kai, shut up, and talk to me," she scolded. "You need to let it out."

"It's just that," he began, hesitant. "With Garmadon gone, I promised Lloyd that I would look after him and I failed at it miserably."

"Kai, what happened was destiny," (Y/N) said wisely. "You couldn't have prevented it from happening in any way."

"You sound like Wu." Kai rolled his eyes.

(Y/N) reached over and punched his arm lightly, causing him to chuckle. "Lloyd is strong Kai," (Y/N) continued. "I bet you he's trying to fight Morro off as best as he can. And we should help him, shouldn't we?"

Kai hummed thoughtfully. "Yeah."

"You promised to look after Lloyd," (Y/N) said, her gaze flickering to the others ahead of them. "I promise to look after all of you."

This caused him to smile at her appreciatively. "I think you deserve to be leader more than any of us," he said.

She scoffed. "That's what I've been trying to say since the very beginning!" she exclaimed in frustration. "But nobody seems to listen."

Kai laughed and they shared a smile.

At the same time, Zane zoomed in on the distance and saw rails. Instantly, he sped up and started heading toward them.

"He's already found something," Cole said in relief. "Let's go!"

The rest of them sped up as well, catching up to Zane as he stopped by the train tracks and lined beside it were electricity poles.