(Season 2) Chapter 12

Previously on Ninjago:

"Did we lose the Final Battle?" Lloyd proceeded to ask.

"What's important is," Wu began began. "We didn't lose you." He looked at (Y/N). "Either of you."

Lloyd spotted a piece of the Bounty lying on the sand and limped over to it. He picked it up, noticing a symbol on it. "The symbol for destiny," he stated thoughtfully. "Destiny showed us who was stronger today. But destiny also wanted us around to fight another day." Kai and Cole each placed a hand on his shoulder as he stared at the rising sun over the ocean. "We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight."

***

Rise of the Spinjitzu Master - Part 1

(Y/N) struggled to open her eyes in the beaming sun. She squinted and slowly opened them, met with the clear and blue sky. She made to get up on the sand but pain instantly coursed through her body, causing her to groan and shut her eyes in pain as she froze in her position.

"(Y/N)!"

She opened her eyes when she heard several voices and running pairs of feet. She spotted Kai in the water while everyone else sprinted towards her with Lloyd limping behind them with a cast on his right leg.

She furrowed her brow in confusion. "I've got a lot of questions right now," she said, her throat feeling dry.

Misako kneeled beside her along with Dr. Julien. "Take it easy, dear," Misako said. "Your ribcage was badly injured."

"That explains the pain," (Y/N) mumbled. "Now, why are we still on the Island?"

"Er..." Jay began. "Because the Overlord got away with the Stone Army and Nya and left us behind."

"Oh, God," (Y/N) groaned. "So, we failed to defeat him." She felt so guilty right now.

"It wasn't your fault," Wu comforted.

"We were trying to figure out a way to get off this piece of rock," Cole explained. "And if you've got any ideas, feel free to shoot 'em."

"I don't, but he may," Zane said.

They all looked to the sky and spotted the Falcon flying over to them and towards the forest.

"Ooh, the Falcon," Dr. Julien exclaimed. "He must have found something."

"Then what are we waiting for?" (Y/N) grunted as she got up on her feet with the help of Misako and Dr. Julien.

The Ninja looked at her with worried faces and she rolled her eyes. "Stop worrying about me. I'll heal soon anyways."

"You can heal!?" Kai exclaimed. "How many powers do you have!?"

"Yeah," she answered then smirked. "Jealous?"

"You wish," he said, folding his arms with a scoff.

***

Kai used his Fire Mech to follow the Falcon and as they were climbing the mountain, (Y/N) realized where exactly they were going.

They reached the top and were once again met with The Temple of Light. "You brought us back to the Temple of Light?" Zane questioned the Falcon. "I do not understand. We've already been here."

Misako pulled out a scroll. "This location, I've seen this before. I just never understood it," she said, examining the scroll.

(Y/N) looked over Misako's shoulder and spotted Kai, Jay, Cole, and Zane's Elemental Blades on it. She frowned; what could that mean?