(Season 4) Chapter 41

Previously on Ninjago:

"Winner!" Chen said in excitement. "Loser!" He pressed yet another button in his chair and Ash dropped into the opened trapdoor. "Master of Fire moves on!"

"I told you he'd be fine!" Lloyd said to (Y/N).

"Yeah," she said with a relieved smile.

They both realized that they were still holding hands and quickly pulled away at the same time, blushing in embarrassment.

(Y/N) swore she saw Garmadon smirk at them.

***

Versus - Part 2

"Huh?" (Y/N) mumbled, furrowing her brow in confusion. "What's going on there?"

The others followed her line of sight and they finally spotted the remaining Elemental Masters surrounding the competition brackets.

(Y/N)'s senses were tingling and her gut told her that something was off.

"What's all the commotion?" Jay wondered as we made their way to the front.

All of them let out simultaneous gasps of shock when they saw Cole and Jay in the same bracket! This meant that they had to fight each other!

"No, he can't do this," Cole mumbled in a panic, turning to Jay.

"He already did," Lloyd said with disdain.

"We gotta fight each other," Cole said to Jay, still unable to believe it.

"I feel like knocking Chen's teeth in," (Y/N) growled. "And rearrange Clouse's face!"

"(Y/N), let's not do something we might regret later on," Lloyd advised, placing a hand on her shoulder.

She chuckled darkly. "I will most definitely not regret it."

Lloyd shot her a concerned look.

"But why does it say I have to fight Cole?" Jay whined. "It didn't say that before. I'm not ready to fight. It was supposed to be my day off!"

"I tried to warn you, but you never listen!" Cole scolded Jay. "Talk, yes. Listen, not so much!"

"This is not the time to be arguing with each other," (Y/N) said with a sigh, her eyes flickering around them as the other Masters began to leave.

"Is there a problem, ninja?" Clouse asked monotonously as he walked over to them.

They all whipped around to face him and (Y/N)'s anger flared as she clenched and unclenched her fists, mentally hyping herself up to punch him.

"You cheated!" Cole snapped, pointing a finger at him. "You changed the brackets!"

"Oopsie," Clouse said with a laugh then walked away, followed by a Palace Guard.

(Y/N) let out a growl and prepared herself to launch at his back, however, Lloyd grabbed her by her waist before she could. "Hey! Let me go!" she hissed, struggling against his strong grip. "I need to give that mustache man a piece of my mind!"

"Calm down, (Y/N)," Lloyd said softly, turning her around to face him and grabbing her wrists. "Your eyes have turned black again."

"He's right, (Y/N)," Garmadon said as he came over to them. "You need to calm down."

She huffed and pulled away from Lloyd, folding her arms as she closed her eyes and began counting backward from 10 while the others talked around her.

"What do we do?" Lloyd asked his father. "They can't fight each other. We came here to become whole, not fall further apart!"