(Season 4) Chapter 44

Previously on Ninjago:

"Buttons, buttons, buttons!" Chen started smashing the buttons angrily, trying to stop Lloyd but he managed to dodge all the obstacles and gain a lot of ground. He was only one point behind Chamille!

Speaking of her, (Y/N) watched with a frown as Lloyd drove up beside her, no doubt trying to coax her too.

Curse Lloyd and his nature of seeing the good in everyone. It was sweet of him and (Y/N) liked that about him, but some people weren't meant to change.

She gasped when Chamille pulled him out of the vehicle and took over the lead. Lloyd quickly got up and using a ramp as a boost and came neck-to-neck with Chamille. They began fighting with their blades and (Y/N) could literally feel her stomach turning into knots.

The tension was too much to bear at this point.

***

Ninja Roll - Part 3

"Lloyd might win!" Chen whined to Clouse like a literal child. "Do something!"

(Y/N) couldn't help but roll her eyes at Chen.

Clouse began to use his Dark Magic and before (Y/N) could give him a piece of her mind, Garmadon tackled him and they both fell off the dais. Clouse nodded to the scorekeeper and (Y/N) turned her head toward the scoreboard and saw him trying to change Lloyd's score.

Key word, trying.

However, again, before (Y/N) could do something about it, he began to float in the air. She frowned, the only way that could happen is by the Element of Air and Gravity but air wasn't in the Tournament and Gravity was out and she wasn't doing anything so...

She looked for Skylor and saw her using her absorbed Gravity powers to float the scorekeeper. An involuntary smile made its way to (Y/N)'s face.

She's on our side!

Her eyes turned back to Lloyd and Chamille and she saw them shoving each other to the point that they both ended up falling.

(Y/N) inhaled sharply, squeezing her hands together in anticipation while they struggled to get to the end with five seconds left and equal points!

Please let Lloyd win! (Y/N) prayed silently, her nerves all jumbled and unable to take the stress and anticipation.

A gasp escaped her when Chamille crossed the finish line first with Lloyd right behind him.

NO!

(Y/N) was about to lose control over herself right there and then. She couldn't continue in this ridiculous tournament without Lloyd!  Sure, the others would be there along with Garmadon but she felt like she was closer to Lloyd than she was with the others. Even Garmadon.

It felt like she couldn't breathe because her chest was constricting in panic.

Her eyes widened and a squeal left her when she saw that Lloyd had his Jadeblade and Chamille didn't! The relief she felt was indescribable.

"Oh, thank the First Spinjitzu Master!" (Y/N) breathed out in relief, releasing her hands. Garmadon and her shared a smile.

All the Masters on their side crowded around Lloyd, cheering for him. "Look at that, he broke your record," Garmadon said to Chen proudly.

(Y/N) turned to the scoreboard and saw that Skylor had dropped the scorekeeper and Lloyd's score had turned to 106. An involuntary laugh of relief escaped her.