(Season 4) Chapter 53

Previously on Ninjago:

"Zane, have you diverted the truck away from the villages?" Wu asked him.

"Yes, and once it's at a safe distance," Zane replied. "I plan to take care of the Anacondrai."

"Good work," Wu praised. "The people are safe."

(Y/N)'s gut still told her that something was wrong.

"No, they aren't," Skylor gasped out on cue, her voice full of panic. "We aren't pulling them away from the people, they're pulling us!" 

***

The Greatest Fear of All - Part 3

(Y/N)'s eyes widened and so did Nya and Wu's. "Stop the trucks!" she ordered into her intercom.

"Everyone, come back now!" Wu yelled.

They watched in horror, as Jay's truck smashed into a tree and when he opened it, it was empty. The same could be said for the trucks of everyone else.

A massive wave of panic washed over (Y/N) as she saw Lloyd's energy dragon disappear and he fell to the ground, not far from the truck he had stopped. "I'm not afraid. I can do this. I have to get back. I have to get back to (Y/N)." He closed his eyes, trying to make his dragon and he managed to make a small energy ball before he let out a defeated sigh and it disappeared. "I can't. I'm too afraid." His voice was laced with dread, and it made (Y/N)'s heart ache.

"It was all a trap," Garmadon said.

"Then that means..." Misako began, horrified.

"The greatest victories...have no battle," Wu said solemnly. "Our worst fears have come true."

"The new Serpentine War...has just begun," (Y/N) gulped out fearfully.

***

The Corrdior of Elders - Part 1

They tried to reach the Ninja, starting with Kai who had coincidentally ended up in the desert, right in front of the original Anacondrai tomb.

"Chen has attacked Jamanakai Village," Nya said, trying to convey the message. "Everyone-"

"I can't read you, Nya," Kai cut her off. "Repeat."

Nya and (Y/N) shared a concerned glance before they tried reaching out to Jya in the Birchwood Forest, but had no luck with him either, so they tried to communicate with Lloyd.

"Hurry, Lloyd," (Y/N) said urgently. "Before it's too late!"

"Tell us where we need to go," Lloyd said instead. "I can't use my power, so if anyone is close-"

His voice abruptly cut off and (Y/N)'s eyes widened in panic and the decision she made next was purely on instinct.

"I'm leaving to find Lloyd," she blurted.

Nya turned to her, shocked. "No, (Y/N), you can't," she pleaded. "Everyone is separated and the last thing we need is to lose contact with you too."

"Nya, you know how my powers work," (Y/N) said. "They're going to get out of control the longer Lloyd and I are apart. We've been working on establishing a longer period of stability but it's not going to last forever."

She sighed and glanced toward Misako, Wu, and Garmadon at the Bounty. "Go," she said. "I'll cover for you."

(Y/N) quickly embraced her, pulling away with a smile. "Thank you so much. I owe you."