(Season 2) Chapter 9

Previously on Ninjago:

"Holy cannoli, Lloyd, (Y/N), and Garmadon in a face-off! Take the shot, guys!" Jay yelled as they slowly headed towards Garmadon.

"He's vulnerable!" Cole screamed.

"Do not hesitate!" Zane said.

"Strike now!" Kai yelled.

Garmadon coughed. "(Y/N)? Is that you?" His eyes met hers through the mask. "I'd recognize those eyes anywhere."

(Y/N) bit her lip. "Yes, Sensei," she answered quietly.

***

The Last Hope - Part 2

"SENSEI!?" Kai, Zane, Jay, Cole, and Nya exclaimed in surprise.

"You've... grown," Garmadon said slowly.

"It seems so."

"I'm sorry, Father. You leave me no choice. It is our destiny," Lloyd said. He put his hands up against (Y/N)'s, and they formed a golden energy ball between them.

(Y/N) hesitated from firing and just by glancing at Lloyd, she could tell he was having an inner conflict too. Garmadon, on the other hand, had a sad and hopeless look on his face.

(Y/N)'s heart broke.

It's okay, (Y/N), she told herself. Just imagine it as training. Yeah, it's just training.

(Y/N) sighed and moved to fire but Lloyd suddenly pulled away and the energy ball disappeared, causing (Y/N) to jolt back and stare at him in surprise.

"No! What is he doing?" Jay yelled.

Just then, the Stone Army appeared with five vehicles, and (Y/N) grabbed Lloyd's hand. "We need to go!" she said urgently.

"They're coming!" Misako yelled.

Garmadon laughed, seeing that his backup had arrived.

"Lloyd, (Y/N), we need to move!" Misako called out.

"The clock is not too far from here!" Nya stated.

"We're coming!" (Y/N) called out.

Nya moved the Driller off the tree. "Better hop in, you two," she said.

Lloyd jumped in and (Y/N) hesitated, glancing over her shoulder at Garmadon. Their eyes met for a brief second before Lloyd called out to her. "(Y/N)! Come on!"

(Y/N) looked away from her former Sensei and hopped into the Driller. Nya closed the glass roof of the driller. "Go!" Lloyd yelled.

(Y/N) noticed her partner's upset look and took his hand squeezing it. He squeezed back and neither of us let go. 

Nya used the Driller to dig into the ground and a few minutes later, they appeared on top of the mountain where the clock was and Wu as well.

"Wow," Nya exclaimed in awe, looking at the device. "This clock is a mechanical masterpiece."

They all jumped out of the Driller as Nya pulled back the glass roof.

"How the hell did you get here?" (Y/N) asked Wu in shock.

Wu shot her a secretive smile, giving her a wink. "A master never reveals his secrets."

(Y/N) frowned in confusion.

"You're welcome to dismantle it once we stop it," Misako said to Nya as we walked over to the clock with the helmet in Misako's hands.

"There's only a couple of minutes left!" Jay yelled, pointing at the clock.