(Season 2) Chapter 14

Previously on Ninjago:

Dareth looked beyond happy. "Ninja, go!" Dareth raised the Blade into the air, pointing it toward the top of the fortress. "Army! About face! Stone Army, go!" He gestured them towards the stairs with the Blade.

The Warriors start heading up the stairs but Nya slowly started shooting them down with her blaster. As for the Ninja, they followed at the very end and Dareth returned Kai his Blade. "You better get this back."

Here goes nothing, (Y/N) thought with a sigh.

***

Rise of the Spinjitzu Master - Part 3

They started heading up the stairs with Zane and Kai in the lead and (Y/N) between them while Jay and Cole were behind them, supporting Lloyd in between.

"Look out!" Jay yelled suddenly as he saw another cloud of Dark Matter fall from the top and toward them.

Cole quickly let go and pushed Jay and Lloyd away from him.

Kai, Zane, and (Y/N) whipped their heads around in time to see Cole get hit by the Dark Matter and fall to his knees. (Y/N) gasped in horror and Kai instinctively pushed her behind him.

"Cole!" (Y/N) screamed. "Come on!"

"Get up!" Lloyd added in encouragement.

"Ugh. I'm hit," he groaned. "Go! Go on... without me. Ugh." He doubled over, his body twitching and tears started to sting (Y/N)'s eyes as she clasped her hands over her mouth.

"We need to move," Kai yelled. "Now!" He gently pushed (Y/N) after Zane, giving her shoulder a slight squeeze.

(Y/N) stood back a bit and helped Jay support Lloyd the rest of the way, swinging her arm around Lloyd's waist. They kept climbing the stairs and then (Y/N) suddenly saw another shot of Dark Matter head down towards them from the top.

(Y/N) heard Jay gasp and he quickly pushed Lloyd and her out of the way as the shot hit him.

"Jay!" Lloyd and (Y/N) yelled at the same time.

"Get out of the way!" Jay screamed.

"Don't look!" Kai said, coming over to support Lloyd from the other side. "Just keep climbing!"

"From my calculations, with the distance remaining to the top," Zane began as he took the lead. "The odds are that only two of us are going to make it."

(Y/N) had a sinking feeling in her stomach, knowing well who those two were going to be.

"Then let's beat the odds! Let's-" Lloyd was cut off when they heard Cole and Jay from behind them.

They spun around and found them corrupted by Dark Matter, their Blades in their hands and approaching them.

"Go on," Zane said, covering for them. "I'll hold them back."

(Y/N's heart constricted in pain but they continued nevertheless. Suddenly, corrupted Nya came in front of them in her shooter, laughing like a maniac.

"Nya!" Kai yelled hopelessly. He turned to Lloyd and (Y/N). "I'm gonna draw her fire so you two can make it to the top." He released Lloyd and pulled out his Blade, blocking Nya's blasts.

"No, don't!" Lloyd yelled.

"We can do this together," (Y/N) added pleadingly. She couldn't watch Kai possibly go over to the Dark side too.

"No," Kai said firmly. "There's only one Green and Silver Ninja. This is your fight."

(Y/N) reluctantly looked away from him and Lloyd and her hurried up the stairs. They turned back around when they heard Nya behind them. "You're hurt, you hardly stand a chance!" she cackled, seemingly mocking Lloyd only.