(Season 3) Chapter 22

OMG GUYS!

HAPPY BELATED NEW YEARR AND CHRISTMAS!! (even though I don't really celebrate) I WAS TRAVELLING SO IT TOTALLY SLIPPED MY MIND AND I ALMOST FORGOT TO UPLOAD THIS TOO!

ANYWAY, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE 5.2 K READS! I APPRECIATE ALL THE SUPPORT!
ENJOY THE CHAPTER! 

Stay Safe

Stay Healthy

P.S: I personally enjoyed writing this one 😏

Previously on Ninjago:

Lloyd looked toward his father sadly, remorse inside him. "I couldn't leave you. I can't do this alone," he mumbled. "I failed you, Father."

"It's okay, son," Garmadon reassured softly. "It is I who failed-"

He was cut off by the Overlord speaking. "He is no longer of importance to me," he hissed. "Throw him overboard."

Panic seized Lloyd's chest, and he could only watch in horror as Wu pushed Garmadon forward toward the Endless Sea below.

"No! Father!" Lloyd's own scream was drowned out by his father's ringing in his ears.

***

Enter the Digiverse

(Y/N) groaned, her hand instantly going to rub her left arm, feeling itchy as her eyes slowly fluttered open. Her eyes took in a glass hemisphere-shaped wall around her and she sat up from her leaning position against the glass.

She immediately noticed Lloyd on the straight side of the glass wall and rushed forward to him, her body slamming against the glass. "Lloyd!" she yelled. "Can you hear me?"

"I can," he answered. "You don't need to scream." He seemed to trap in a half-circle of his own.

Her eyes swept around the rest of their surroundings and she saw that it was a small room with red walls and a black floor. Attached to the glass cage we were in were wires leading to a black machine, a round metal orb standing high over it. The machine was further connected by more wires to a slightly tilted upwards compartment with armor inside it and a blackened screen above it.

"Where are we?" she asked.

He sighed. "We got caught and now we're in the Mech Dragon."

"And Sensei?" she asked worriedly.

A sad looked passed over his face and his eyes dropped away from hers. "They threw him into the Endless Sea," he mumbled.

(Y/N)'s heart dropped. "No..." she muttered in disbelief.

"I'm sorry," he whispered. "It's all my fault."

"No, Lloyd," she said softly, raising her right hand and placing it on the glass. "It's not. Don't beat yourself up over it. You did everything you could. Never put yourself down, okay?"

He smiled weakly and raised his left hand, putting it against hers while she smiled back at him.

"How adorable."

The Overlord's voice made them turn to the screen which now had red eyes on it. (Y/N) scowled at him, anger bubbling through her.

"Sadly, I'll have to interrupt you so I can carry on with my plans," he lilted.

Suddenly, the metal orb started glowing red and golden dust started swirling around in their compartments. (Y/N) shot Lloyd a panicked look and before she could say anything, a grunt escaped her and she dropped to her knees, shutting her eyes tightly in pain.