Chapter 10 | PHASE ONE: Pain & Regret

The rewrite will have 100 chapters in total and but will be removed in February, completed or not due to publication issues.

On REAM - the Kindle version will be uploaded with all of the changes, upgrades and additions to the story.

I am no longer on Patreon.

If you're not familiar with Ream - go to my BIO. There you will find step by step instructions on how to join and how to get the app on your phone ( if you have an IPhone )

The Kindle version will be uploaded to Kindle on February 14, 2024. . . And this book will be split up into 3 seperate books. So the first book, Chapters 1-33 will be posted to Kindle on the release date listed above.

————————————

DYLAN ||

My heart hurts, everything hurts — I could feel everything, everyone that died. Everyone that Raiden and his friend killed.

Their tethers snapping, their lives ending, my heart ripping with each one. I could hear their loved ones screams through the link, I could feel their heartache, their despair, their pain.

I wanted to rip my own heart out to just stop the pain, I've felt pack members pass before but this — this was a totally different kind of pain.

And I couldn't shake it.

I couldn't stop it — my body threatening to give out as my knees buckled, my uncle Jake and my Dad being there to hold me up so that I wouldn't fall but the even with their hands on me, I couldn't stop it.

I wanted to die — I wanted to stop it all, I couldn't handle it, I've never been able to handle it.

They weren't supposed to be there. . .

None of my pack was supposed to be there when I spoke to Raiden. I just wanted to talk to him about all of this before talking to my Dad again, but they showed up.

All of my pack warriors, my Gamma Hunter, my Beta Gabe, my uncle Jake, my Dad, my brother Garrett and cousin Theo — everyone was there and they were all under my Dad's command.

My Dad's command. . . not mine!

And I could even fight him on it. He's always been stronger than me and he made sure that half of our pack were still pledged to him when he handed over the pack to me so that if he needed to override my command, he could. . . and he did.

They tracked me, they found me and they attacked my mate. They almost fucked killed him!

And his friend. . .

My Dad ruined everything and what's worse is he made me help — he made me help our pack subdue my mate and I didn't want to.

I didn't want to fucking help with that shit but I had to, I was forced to and he has no idea how important Raiden is to me — how important Raiden is to my soul.

I didn't want to help but all I kept hearing my Dad say was to be the Alpha that I was supposed to be and I just couldn't fucking shake the hold he had on me.

So I helped.

And now everything is so fucked.

Watching as Gabe, Hunter, Valen and the rest of the warriors throw Raiden and his friend's limp bodies into two separate cells, I wince at the way they hit the concrete floor.

Turning away because I just couldn't watch, I leave the cells in a rush as I couldn't be down there for more than a few minutes before getting nauseous.