Chapter 67 | PHASE FOUR: Hero x Exe pt. 2

RAIDEN ||

Walking through the pack lands, Taj and Cassius leading the group as they show Hero and Exe the ways of this territory, I couldn't help but wonder exactly what they'd been through.

I wanted to know more.

Since escaping, I've never gotten the chance to meet other captives under Dax Kyles' control, so this was new territory for me but surprisingly it didn't scare me.

On the contrary, Hero and Exe intrigued me. I wanted to know more about them. What happened during their time with Dax, how long they'd been under his control, if they'd endured even a tiny bit of what I had, if they had ever been branded by Dax, if they shared his bed.

I wanted to know everything about them or at least everything that they were willing to tell me and silently observing them the way I had been, Exe would be the perfect starting point as he was a talkative little cub, but the better part of me was leaning towards getting to know Hero first.

"Which will be a struggle." — Onyx whispers as he observes the felines from my eyes.

I sigh, unable to argue with that fact. Hero hadn't said a single word these past two hours during this pack tour and I was getting little annoyed back here, listening to Roman and Reland be the idiots they were.

"Your lips are crusty," Reland accuses again and when Roman growls, he throws his hands up. "Hey don't be mad at me, I'm just calling it like it is."

Roman licks his lips and then looks at me as if I could solve all of his problems. "Brother, are you lips really crusty? They aren't crusty right?"

I suck my own lips in my mouth and look away because I refused to say anything on the subject. Truth be told, Roman did have some crusty ass lips when he refused to use chapstick.

I think my baby brother may be dehydrated but whatever the case, he did more chapstick. . . Like a lot more.

Instead I turn my attention to Vizceryn as he walks beside me, his eyes locked onto Taj, Cassius, Hero and Exe in front of us.

"Are you confident in trusting these felines, Raiden?" Vizceryn questions, a slight tilt to his head. "I know you wish to speak with them of your past, but may I caution you against it?"

I frown a little. "Why would you caution me? Do you see something other than the truth?"

Vizceryn shakes his head. "No, I do not. They have been very truthful and the future foresees their honesty as you will gain a deepening connection with the two of them."

That surprises me a little. "Really? A deep friendship? Like the one I share with Reland?"

Vizceryn looks at me and raises a brow. "I do not see the relationship with Hero and Exe mirroring that of your relationship with Reland."

I clear my throat, seeing the look on his face because if anyone knew of my past with Reland, it was Vizceryn. The nosey bastard.

"However," he carries on. "No soul on this planet can ever be what Reland has been to you, not even your blessing unless you allow that of him."

Knowing exactly what he meant, I tear my gaze from his and look straight ahead, trying my best to ignore Roman and Reland's bickering behind me.

My past with Reland was something that I wanted to share with Dylan because my bestfriend has been there for like no other. He's helped in so many ways gain confidence and grow into the man that I am today, but I wasn't sure if Dylan would understand the rawness to my relationship with Reland.