Chapter 64 | PHASE FOUR: Allies

RAIDEN ||

Well, that meeting was productive.

I wasn't sure what was going to take place when we first walked in, but it went better than I expected. That is until Dylan had that extremely concerning reaction to whatever it was that Liam said.

Something set him off and I hadn't seen such fear behind his gaze, such panic throughout his body as he rushed out of the conference room today.

After telling everyone to meet back at the packhouse, Liam, Taj, Bennett and I all rushed after Dylan.

Finding him in our bedroom, buried under the covers, sweat drenching his skin as he clutched onto the blanket. He mentioned not wanting to talk about it at that very moment and I wanted to push the issue because I couldn't bare seeing him broken like that but Liam, Taj and Bennett told me to leave him for now.

They said that we would come back up and speak to Dylan after our allies had gotten to know each other a little better because while Dylan was in this state, there wasn't much we could do.

Their instructions confused me because they seemed like they knew more about what just happened to Dylan and why and that pissed me off because they wouldn't tell me at this very moment rather than waiting until later but what choice did I really have in the matter?

I would have to figure out what's going on after this ally meeting downstairs.

So we all went back downstairs and tried to do what Liam wanted, however trying to get a word in against the chaotic mess that was this Alpha Rhogon and his four mates, proved very difficult.

Alpha Frederick was sitting in the chair closest to the kitchen, I was on sitting on the large lounge chair, Taj, Bennett, Liam and Emilio were on one couch, while my parents were sitting in one chair by the kitchen.

Roman, Hunter, Gabe and Avery were sitting at the kitchen island. Hunter was currently playing in Rome's hair as my brother leaned into his mates affections. Gabe was holding Avery as close as possible, nuzzling his face into the crook of his neck, most likely scent marking him.

My sisters, their mates and the other lionesses decided to go for a run, which was perfect in Gabe's opinion because he wouldn't have to fight to keep Avery away from the protective circle while the lionesses were gone.

I could hear my Dad purring all the way over here, fully content with my mom on his lap and his eyes locked onto hers. They're so in love, it's truly beautiful to see and I couldn't wait to have that kind of love with Dylan.

That just left the chaotic Blood Rose Alphas.

Rhogon and his mates were sitting on one of the other couches, Mateo was sitting next to him with Zane on his lap and Jett and Hendrix were currently fighting over Rhogon's lap, as if the man didn't have two legs they could easily share.

"Jett, scoot the hell over!" Hendrix yells, trying to shove Jett off Rhogon's leg. "Share the damn space!"

"No!" Jett growls, sticking his tongue out at Hendrix. "If you want to sit on his lap, then we're going to share it!"

"I hate you, I swear!" Hendrix growls back, bumping Jett's hip with his. "You're always trying to hog him! He's our mate too!"

"Don't hit me! And you've been with him longer, I just joined our bond so get over yourself Hendrix! Besides I'm the favorite when it comes to sexy time, right babe." Jett smiles, looking back at Rhogon, who was pinching the bridge of his nose with his eyes clenched shut.

"You two need to shut the fuck up." Zayne rolls his eyes as Mateo chuckles, hitting his thigh.

"Rhogon's lap is big enough for you both to share. You two already fight over his body when it's time to sleep, do you honestly have to fight over who gets to sit on him too?" Mateo asks, shaking his head.