Chapter 8 | PHASE ONE: Rogue problem

RAIDEN ||

Waking up this morning was a drag in itself. My day started with literally falling over my own feet as I attempted to get out of bed only for my raging boner that hardened it's way into my life — to become all too present as I fell on the floor.

Images of my sweet little Alpha wolf plagued me all night and because of that, I hadn't gotten any sleep and it took an insane amount of time before I was actually comfortable again.

Pending my morning meeting with Dylan today, I chose to make a quick trip to the grocery store to grab some things that I'd need for dinner as my bestfriend would be coming over for our weekly Sunday dinners.

"Oh shit! Coffee flavored ice cream?" Reland way too excitedly rips open the glass door to one of the freezer sections. "Do you know how hard it is to find coffee flavored ice cream nowadays?" He asks with a huge smile on his face as he shows me the carton of ice cream

Reland is a boisterous and outrageously chaotic Lion shifter that I met after I moved into my condo last year, the man weaseled his way into my life and even though it's been a journey of foolishness — I wouldn't know what I would do without his crazy ass.

"You're an idiot, you know that?" I ask with a huge smile of my own as I grab the ice cream from his hands.

"I love you too." Reland smiles deviously as he lunges forward and starts attacking me with his usual nasty, slobbery kisses.

Fucking Lions man — they're way too affectionate.

"Oh dear Goddess!" I gag as his breath invades my senses. "We're going to get you some mouthwash after this because what the fuck!"

"My breath stinks?" Reland asks shockingly, bring his hand up to his mouth as he blows his ass breath into it then sniffs it. "Oh damn!" He yells angrily, pulling his face away from his hand. "That's bad, yeah let's get that mouthwash."

I couldn't agree more with that as I push the shopping cart behind him, using my shirt to wipe his scent and his disgusting drool from the side of my face.

"Holy fuckbags!" Reland yells as he peaks his head around the corner into the next aisle. "Cookies!"

My eyes widen as soon as I hear him say that. Stopping the cart, I grab the back of his shirt and yank him towards me.

"No." I scold. "You know how you get around cookies, Reland!"

"Aww man, this is no fucking fun!" He complains as he crosses his arms in front of his chest, like the cub that he is.

Loosening my grip, I let his shirt go and say,"We both know what happened the last time you had cookies, you were so doped up on sugar that you were running through the werewolf town butt naked, you almost got shot."

"Oh that was one time," Reland rolls his eyes as he waves me off. "I swear a guy can't let his dick swing freely without everyone bitching about indecent exposure. We're shifters for crying out loud, nudity shouldn't fucking matter."

I mean I couldn't argue that fact.

Nudity doesn't matter to shifter communities because it's so normal, but he's missing the point and that was that he alarmed every single wolf in that city to our presence and he almost got himself and me killed in the process.

The man shouldn't pull his dick out everytime that he has sugar, but shit happens and according to Reland, sugar enhances his magnificence and when his magnificence is enhanced — his dick comes out.

I've never understood it — or him for that matter.

_____

After a long and I do mean long shopping trip with Reland and fighting to keep him away from all sugary products, we finally were able to pay for our things, load them into my car and get on the road.